Chapter 5 : Fate

More screams, more yells, more cheering. The night was filled with horrifying sights and sounds that I couldn't stand anymore. Bodies were pulled out and then placed back in, without their heads on, sometimes they were missing limbs too. I thought to myself for a second, were they cannibals? Would my life end like this?

A few moments later everything went silent, as if their celebration had came to an end, with only me and a young girl in another cell- trapped with no escape at all.

She looked at me, her eyes were tearing red. Her hair curled up into a small ponytail. She was the only one left besides me. I noticed she was Septic, for a young girl I was amazed.

"Hey," I called out from my cell. "I'm Sean."

She sniffled, the air between me and her was ghost quiet. Her fingers kept fidgeting every second, I knew she was scared.

"What's your name? It's alright, I'm not a bad guy."

For once, I thought I was being good. If I were to die tonight, I would at least talk to someone, even if it was a young girl. She scooted towards the cell bars and held the cold metal.

"I'm Lilly." She answered. I felt a warm presence come out from her mouth. "Hello Sean."

I nodded, "Hello Lilly."

Her mouth frowned, she needed someone and I was the only person she had. I tried to make a conversation with her.

"So what do you like doing?" I asked trying not to seem awkward at the same time.

"I like playing games. I remember daddy used to play with me and mommy on Call Of Duty. I don't like guns, they're scary." She replied as I smiled. "Am I going to die?"

"Lilly I promise you, I'll get you out of here." I said, smiling at her.

Her eyes grew in excitement, her tears faded from her cheeks. I could see the definite fate between me and her. I promised to get us both out of this alive.

"Really? Y-you promise?" She asked, her squeaky child voice had the sense of innocence.

"Yes of course Lilly, Mr.Sean never breaks his promise." I said as I shaped my hand with a pinkie finger. It was terribly late at night and the sounds of  howling walls echoed with the gusting wind.

"Mr.Sean? C-Can you sing me a lullaby?" Lilly asked, "I can't sleep."

My stomach dropped, my mouth unable to speak. She asked me to sing her a lullaby? I wanted to say no, but she was young so I couldn't just shake my head. I cleared my throat, clearly trying to shake it off.

"Alright. Um-"

"Any song can do." She requested. I felt embarrassed but at the same time, helpful. Okay here it goes.

"Of all the money that e'er I had. I've spent it in good company." I breathed out a sigh before continuing.

"And all the harm that e'er I've done, alas it was to none but me. And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall." Her eyes were slowly closing.

"So fill to me, the parting glass. Good night and joy be with you all. Good night and joy be with you all..."

Her body rested itself on the floor, she was sleeping already. I leaned onto the wall beside me as I placed my eyes on her. Eventually, I fell asleep too.

(After that night)

I woke up to the sound of my cell being hit by a huge knife. I looked up to find the butcher, the smell from his body was foul as carcass. Lilly was in her cage crying as another hunter pulled her hair, twirling the girl around the cemented floor with his hands.

"You fucking leave her alone or I'll fucking shoot you in the head!" I shouted as the hunter let her go. He grinned at me and pulled her hand, her fragile body tossed and hitting the front of my cell.

I could hear her tiny sobs from her injuries. I could feel that her agony was so severe. I clung my hands onto the bars in attempt to get out and kill the hunter but it was no use.

"You will watch her die in front of your eyes. The Septic are nothing but people who deserve to be killed." The butcher said before releasing the most gruesome laugh.

He lift his butcher knife up and prepared for the swing. I held Lilly's hand and told her to look at me. 

"Lilly, look at me," I said," I will kill these people for the both of us."

Her breathing became faster and my heart was throbbing with fear. I closed my eyes and held one of my arms out to cover her head.

Suddenly, a gunshot was fired right outside the building. I could hear people yelling for help causing the butcher and his hunter to run outside, leaving me and Lilly safe from danger. I needed to react fast.

On the far side corner of the hall I could see a shotgun that looked similar to mines.

"Lilly can you get that weapon over there?" I whispered into her ear. She nodded as she ran to the weapon, her arms were weak as she carried it towards me.

I moved the padlock chain to face me, I pumped the gun ready to fire.

"Stand back Lilly." I said as I let out a shot, the chain was obliterated allowing me to push the cell door open. I grabbed my bag and got out.

I held Lilly's hand as we both ran outside only to find out there was a war between a group of men and a whole area of hunters. There were so many, I didn't know which one to shoot.

In the middle, I could see the butcher swaying his knife as he killed a couple of the unknown men. His hunters were helping him provide cover fire. Me and Lilly were stuck in front of the building's entrance.

Then, one of the hunters sprinted towards the both of us. I held out my shotgun and shot him in the arm only to let him flinch and keep going. There was no bullets left in the cartridge. He was armed with a machete, I had no choice but to use the pocket knife.

However, he decided to jump onto me, resulting in my body getting pinned onto the ground. He cackled his teeth as he tried to get his machete over my throat. He was very heavy, my chest was being dominated by a crazy person.

I held my breath as he came closer. My energy was getting close to its lowest. I couldn't hold much longer.

"We kill the Septics." The hunter hissed into my ears. I grunted as I tried to kick him off but my legs were powerless.

A shot was then fired close to me, blood splattered all over my face. I began to feel my hands able to lift the hunter off my body. I tried to see who did it.

I was shocked, it was the man I saw yesterday. The fourth one which I tried to figure out the name. His body was perfectly figured into the muscle jock I remembered. His hair dyed with the flaming orange color that shadowed down his forehead. I blinked to the fact he wasn't real but he was standing right in front of me, with a gun in his hand and a muscular body. He looked bigger up close and he started off with a deep voice,

"Follow me, we'll get you somewhere safe."

***
alright! End for this chapter!
I love you guys for staying up with me throughout this journey :)
The lullaby that Jack sang is called  "Parting Glass" - an Irish traditional...
Go and check that out! It's a good song ;)

Vote if you liked this chapter!
Comment on anything ;) I really love readin them...you know me...
Share with your Septiplier friends out there!
*hugs and kisses*