Chapter 3

Y/N'S POV

When Dinah and I made it to the gym, Missy had her back turned to the door with all the girls already running their laps. We quickly joined and acted like we were here the whole time.

After Dinah and I started laughing, a group of some girls were glaring at us. They looked like they were freshmen or maybe sophomores.

"Y/N, Dinah, I already know you're late. That's twenty laps after practice." Missy didn't even turn around. I huffed while Dinah whined. The same girls continued giving us dirty looks.

"What's up their asses?" I ask Dinah.

"You ask me like I know." She laughs.

"Bitch you were here the whole time! You should know."

"You act like I was actually practicing."

"You talk like I'm an idiot or something." I retorted.

"You-"

"Oh my god." A girl huffs behind us, cutting Dinah off. "Oh my god." I mimicked in an overly high pitched voice. There was one clear leader over the rest of them. She stood with a hip popped out and her arms crossed over her chest.

"You guys think you rule the team just because you've been on varsity. Well guess what? I'm taking over this team when you leave." She spat.

"Ohhhhhh." I laughed.

"Excuse me... Do you have a scholarship? No you don't. Your little bitch ass don't know what's coming." Dinah pointed her finger at the girl.

"Watch me." She spat. Dinah was about to speak up but I cut her off.

"Leave it Dinah. She'll get what's coming to her." I smirked. Dinah looked at me confusedly until she saw the smirk on my face. She mirrored my smirk and we both walked away from the girl and her squad.

Throughout tryouts, the girls would keep their bitch faces glared towards Dinah and I. They would mumble under their breaths every so often and I had to hold Dinah back, but I kept reassuring her that I would handle it. Missy called out teams for a scrimmage to end the day.

"Y/N, Dinah, you're not on the same team." She said sternly. Dinah pouted.

"Alyssa, go over to Y/N's team-"

"Hell yeah!" I shouted and gave her a high five. Missy gave me a disapproving look. She distributed the older girls first before moving onto the newbies.

"Jazzy, go onto Dinah's team." The bitch stomped over to Dinah and her team. Of course her name is Jazzy. Such a bitch ass name.

"And Taylor, you're on Y/N's team." Missy finished. Another girl squealed a little bit and ran over to me.

"Oh my god I'm so excited! You're like my role model. I can't believe I get to, hopefully, play on the same team as Y/N Y/LN! You're like a legend!" She kept rambling. I looked around to everyone with an eyebrow raised. Dinah was trying to hold in her laugh.

"Okay, okay calm down. Let's just play this game and see what you've got." I said. Taylor squealed again.

"Alright girls get ready." Missy yelled. Dinah and I pushed each other playfully while glaring at each other. We weren't the tallest, but we decided to jump anyways. There's probably only like two or three girls that were taller than us.

Anyways, we lined up across from each other at half court and got ready to jump. Missy held the ball in front of us, throwing it straight up. Dinah and I jumped at the same time, running into each other a little bit.