Chapter 9

EYES 👀💚^^^ 😍😘😩

LAUREN'S POV

My eyes burned the next morning from crying. I don't even know why my body was so sore, but my muscles ached also. I had to drag myself out of bed.

And I was not excited to go to school today. It meant facing Y/N and her new side piece. I didn't want to see that either, it makes me sick to my stomach. I brushed it off and began to get ready before leaving for school. When I arrived, I parked next to Normani's car where her and Dinah sat talking. They turned to wave when I pulled in.

"Hey guys." I greeted once I stepped out the car.

"Hey." They both said. I gave each a quick hug and went to sit down next to them. I joined in on their conversation. Dinah was in the middle of her story when she looked up and stopped talking all of the sudden. Her face turned confused as she looked in the same direction.

"Uh, who is that?" She points. Mani and I follow her finger to see her pointing at Y/N and Camila walking towards the school entrance. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Camila." I said.

"Uh who?" Mani asks.

"Apparently she's Y/N's new best friend since she saved her ass from losing her scholarship or something. Oh and she doesn't have to go to jail." I sigh. Both Dinah and Normani look at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I question.

"Y/N could've gotten thrown in jail? And lose her scholarship? What'd she do?!" Mani asks.

"She never said. That's all she told me." I shrugged. Normani looked between Dinah and I to see if it's true. Dinah shrugged her shoulders as well. Before Normani could ask more questions, the bell rang and we all headed to class. I was dreading sitting next to Y/N this class.

Dinah walked next to me. "I talked to Y/N last night. Just tell me if she's still being a bitch." Dinah spoke lowly.

"What why?" I ask.

"It's not my place to tell you anything, but if she does tell you then I know she won't say this. She was scared, that's why she did what she did to the both of us." She pointed between us.

"Oh and don't be afraid to be a bitch back. I think she deserves it." I nodded and Dinah left so I headed to class. When I got there she was already sitting down on her phone. I sighed and went to sit down. It was an awkward silence in the classroom that I tried to pay no mind to but it was hard.

"Look I just want to say I'm sorry." Y/N said quietly. I turned and looked at her incredulously. What happened between yesterday and now?

I nodded, not giving her the satisfaction. I knew she probably wouldn't care because she's so stubborn but it's worth a shot. Mr. Brady came up to the two of us ceasing our conversation.

"I looked at your report and there's nothing wrong with it but if you need to, I'll let you both look it over and change some things. Since you weren't here Y/N." He looked at Y/N and held the report up. I was about to decline but Y/N cut me off.

"Yeah we'll do it." She nodded. Mr. Brady returned the nod and left to his desk.

"Why do we need to do it over? It was fine." I snapped. Y/N didn't seem fazed though.

"Because I figured it would give us a chance to hang out or something." She shrugged.

"Me? Hang out with you? Yeah right." I snorted. "Like I want to sit and have you insult me time after time and you acting like there's nothing wrong with that. No thank you." I looked away.