Chapter 28

LAUREN'S POV

"Lauren calm down I'm sure she's fine." Taylor tried to console me but I wasn't having it. She didn't come back to my house last night and now she isn't here at school. She could be fine but my mind instantly always thought the worst. That wasn't helping me become any less anxious.

"Sorry I just- I feel like something's wrong." I sighed. I was keeping my eyes out for Dinah in case she knew something that I didn't.

"Lauren?" I quickly turned around to find the voice, hoping it was Dinah or someone like that but I was met with the nervous state of Camila.

Maybe she knew what was going on. "Hey do you know where Y/N is?" I asked. Camila shook her head.

"No I just wanted to talk to you really quick." I sighed to myself but eventually nodded and motioned for her to continue.

"I just wanted to say that I don't want you to hate me or be mad at me anymore. I would like it if we could just become friends, for Y/N's sake. I know the fact that we dated probably bothers you but I knew you guys were meant for each other so that's why I ended things. Just know that I won't interfere with anything, I just want to be on good terms."

"Yeah okay, we can be friends." I shrugged. Camila cheered a little bit and brought me into a short hug. "So you don't know where Y/N is?"

Camila shook her head with a confused look on her face. "No, why?"

"No reason." I turn to look for someone useful for my problem right now. My eyes widen once I see Dinah walking in with Normani and I instantly book it in their direction. "Dinah have you seen Y/N?"

"No I thought she was with you?" Dinah raised an eyebrow at me.

"No she was supposed to spend the night last night and she went to her house and never came back. Now she's not here and I'm starting to get worried. She won't answer any of my calls or texts." I rushed out. By now Camila and Ally were also in the little circle we formed.

"Okay chill maybe she just fell asleep and is still sleeping. Knowing Y/N, that's not impossible for her to do." Dinah tries to calm me down but I know that there has to be something wrong.

"Dinah trust me." I plead.

"Lauren you need to calm down, okay?" Normani grabs my arm.

"No, Dinah come here." I take myself out of Mani's grip and instead grabbed Dinah's arm so she would follow me. Once we were far away from anyone who could hear us I spoke up again. "Remember what you told me about Y/N?"

"A lot of things, Lauren. What are you talking about?" Dinah spoke slowly.

"When I hit her," I whispered. "You said that she didn't need my abuse too. What does that mean?"

Dinah's eyes widened in realization and she became visibly paler. "Oh my god." She muttered. "Look I know what I said but we can't just jump to conclusions though." Dinah gulped.

"Dinah if you're freaking out this bad over it then it's bad! We need to at least check on her." I tried to convince her but she wasn't listening.

"No Lauren, you stay here and I'll go check."

"Dinah-" She was already on her way to leave. I was torn on going with her or staying but I knew I could get in trouble not only with Dinah, but also with Y/N if this really isn't something I should intervene with. I hope Y/N is okay.