Chapter 37

LAUREN'S POV

"Yo dawg, what is so important?" Dinah complained to her best friend. Y/N texted the girls and told them to meet us at my house right after school. And since it was Friday I'm sure this is one of the last things the girls wanted to do. Normani glared at her girlfriend.

"Shut up," Mani pointed at Dinah before turning back to Y/N and I. "Did something bad happen?"

"No, nothing bad happened. Lauren and I just had an idea we thought you might be interested in. All of you." Y/N spoke up.

"Well what is it?" Dinah interrupted earning a smack in the shoulder from her girlfriend. "Ow."

"If you would just shut up then they will tell us." Normani scolded. "Continue."

I laughed at their interaction before deciding I wanted to be the one to tell them. "Well Mani, I know you like singing and you have an amazing voice, and Dinah, Y/N told me the same about you. Ally and Camila, you said you guys were in so I guess the idea is..."

I paused for a more dramatic effect. "We all try out for X-Factor together. As a group." I finished.

Dead silence.

"Are you serious?" Camila was the first one to speak up. "Like where did this come from?"

"I was singing this morning and Y/N suggested I try out by myself. I said I didn't want to do it alone then she suggested all of us trying out together." I shrugged.

"We don't even know if we would sound good together." Ally said.

I was about to talk but Y/N cut me off. "I guess there's only one way to find out. Ladies get your singing voices ready." We all looked in her direction but she was walking up the stairs. I looked back at all the other girls to see confusion written across their faces. Y/N came back down the stairs with my guitar in her hand.

"What are we even going to sing?" Dinah asked.

"You know to be honest I think you guys would sound good singing 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri." Y/N shrugged.

"Okay how are we splitting the parts?" Camila stood up and sat down closer to all of us.

"Since you asked first you can start out." Camila's eyes widened at Y/N's words. "Then you guys could all come together for the chorus and figure it out from there I guess."

"So Camila gets first verse..." Mani said.

"All of us for the chorus..." Dinah nodded.

"Lauren gets second verse..." Ally shrugged.

"Dinah for the bridge?" Camila hesitantly asked.

"And Ally ends the song." Y/N smiled. "Okay so you guys know all the words, right?"

All of us nodded while looking at the others. Then we all turned back to Y/N.

"Okay are you guys ready?" She asked. We all nodded once more as she started playing the first chords.

Camila: