Chapter 47

Y/N'S POV

School was not something I was looking forward to, but I had to go if I wanted to play basketball in state. I sighed as I checked my outfit one last time before leaving my house. It was just a simple white Nike sweater with black sweats and my Free RN's.

I was in no mood to put in any effort towards anything today

I was in no mood to put in any effort towards anything today. I got into my truck with a sigh and started the engine, revving it before heading off towards the school.

When I got there and parked, I waited until the last possible minute before I had to leave and not be late. I slung my backpack on my bag before I started walking into the hell house.

People were staring at me and whispering among themselves. I glared at them as I walked by, knowing that they were talking about the scene that happened at the party. I trudged towards my English class and took the paper that Mr. Brady was handing out at the door. When I stepped inside, my eyes immediately traveled to the seat right next to mine.

My breath caught in my throat they landed on the green eyed girl. Her green eyes weren't green, and they were surrounded by a deep red, both in the whites in her eyes and on the outside. Her appearance looked somewhat like mine, that she didn't bother trying. Her hair was unusually messy, and her posture was slumped.

As soon as I could breathe again, I let out a deep sigh and went to my seat as the bell rang. Lauren looked up as I walked through the aisle and straightened up, her whole body going rigid. When I sat down she called out my name and she sounded like she was about to burst out crying.

Without looking at her, I put my headphones in my ears and turned on my music. I didn't care about the teacher because I knew he was going on about himself and his life story.

Lauren grabbed onto my arm causing me to pull it away from her grasp while giving her a glare. Her eyes started watering and I had to look away, shaking my head otherwise I would start crying again too. Damn her.

My throat felt as if it were closing up, so I had to clear my throat as my jaw clenched. Without another word I stood up and left the room without anyone noticing. I made my way to the bathroom while wiping my eyes.

When I got there I leaned against the sink and glared at myself in the mirror, willing myself to be strong. My knuckles were turning white from gripping the counter so tightly. A hand reached out and rested on mine but I jumped and pulled away to see that it was Lauren, her eyes already spilling tears.

"Just fucking leave me alone." I growled. "Haven't you done enough? Leave me alone!"

"Y/N please just listen to me, it wasn't-"