Chapter 23

LAUREN'S POV

"Y/N can you sing me that song you wrote again?" The taller girl looked over at me with an eyebrow raised. She chuckled a little bit.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I love your voice." I stated causing Y/N to bust out laughing. I was confused as to why though. Finally she calmed down. "I don't have a good voice."

"Yes you do, I loved it." Y/N looked over with begging eyes before looking over at the road and repeating the process a couple times to get her point across.

"Pwease?" I asked childishly, fluttering my eyelashes. I knew it would work and I was proven right when she sighed defeatedly.

"Okay." Y/N sung the song she wrote without any instruments, making it even more special if that was possible. I took the time to really pay attention to what the lyrics actually meant this time. Several phrases stood out clearly to me.

I lost myself
I never will tell
If you knew how I loved you
Showed you my scars
Bring you to tears
I trusted somebody way back when
You can lean on me until your heart don't beat
Until it breaks your heart

It was silent after that and I was just in shock. The words had never registered in my mind until now.
"Who did you write that song for?" I asked almost scared of the answer.

"You." Y/N stated simply with a shrug. My mouth dropped open in shock and wonder.

"Really?" I squeaked a little. Y/N nodded her head but avoided my eyes. My mouth subconsciously lifted in a smile. "I fucking love you." I leaned over to kiss Y/N's cheek, it flushing right after. I giggled. "Aww."

Y/N continued driving as I played DJ, the ride not too interesting. I looked through different songs to try and find ones that were sufficient for a road trip. It was so cute seeing Y/N so focused on the road.

Her eyes would squint and she would mumble insults to other drivers under her breath, sometimes saying them out loud. She would drum with the beat on the steering wheel and mouth the words, thinking I wasn't watching but I was. And I felt like I was falling in love all over again.

It wasn't too long of a drive and we made it a lot faster than we expected to. After we ate and checked into the hotel, Y/N had another adventure planned.
"Where are we going, Y/N?" I asked as she dragged me back to her truck.

"You'll see." She smiled. It was a super childish and cheesy smile it made my heart swell. Y/N continued dragging me until we were situated in her truck and taking off in a certain direction. Every time I asked where we were going I would either get ignored or be told to just wait until we got there.

I groaned for the hundredth time today. "Can you just tell me where we're going?"

"Nope." Y/N popped the 'p' and smiled.

"Ugh!" Y/N laughed but kept driving. We eventually pulled into a building but I couldn't see the name or anything to give an indication of what it was.

"Y/N what are we doing?"

"Just come on it'll be fun, I promise." Y/N gave me a reassuring smile that instantly made me cave in. I let her take my hand and lead me somewhere unknown. I was confused when we walked into a large basketball court. I looked up at Y/N as she smirked down at me, her smirk adding to my confusion.