Chapter 17

LAUREN'S POV

"Yo, what's wrong with Y/N?" Normani asked Dinah. All three of us were waiting by Normani's car.

Dinah shrugged with a confused look on her face. "I don't know, I haven't talked to her since practice." I looked over to see the tall girl walking into the school with her head hung low, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her sweats. She was dragging her feet as she walked slowly.

(Excluding all the accessories)

"Damn she look like she just woke up." Mani commented.

"I'll be back." Dinah quickly pecked Mani on the lips before she went in the same direction as Y/N. Both Normani and I looked at each with confusion. We waited until the bell rang to go to our classes, us not seeing any sign of either Dinah or Y/N since.

But when I got into my first period class, Y/N sat in her chair, seeming perfectly fine now. She was half doodling/half drawing on the paper in front of her. It was the same one I saw earlier, but I still couldn't make out what exactly was on there.

"Hey." I greeted quietly. Y/N turned her head towards me as she raised an eyebrow.

"Hi..." She trailed off.

"What is that?" I pointed to the paper. She shrugged in response, confusing me until she spoke up.

"Just random thoughts I guess. Something I'm trying to work on in my free time." I nodded, the atmosphere becoming awkward.

"Oh," Y/N looked up. "You didn't answer my text last night. I thought you said you were coming over."
Y/N sighed, almost sadly. "I had something else to take care of. It was more important at the time."

"Oh, well okay then. If you're feeling up to it, maybe we can try and finish tonight?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yeah I'll be there." Y/N nods. I smile as I look back to the front of the classroom, satisfied with her answer. Let's just see if we can be civil.

"Ahh, Ms. Y/LN. Are you going to actually pay attention today?" Mr. Brady sarcastically smiled.

"Probably not." Y/N shrugged. Most of the class started laughing but Mr. Brady was unfazed.

"Okay that's fine, fail my class I don't care."

"Kind of hard considering all you do is talk about your personal life. Oh, and that I have a one hundred percent grade." Y/N sarcastically smiled back causing Mr. Brady to roll his eyes and continue whatever he's doing. Y/N shrugged and looked back down at her paper.