Chapter 15

LAUREN'S POV

The constant ringing of my alarm woke me up.

Some part of me expected and wanted Y/N to still be there, so I couldn't help but feel disappointed when I didn't feel or see her next to me. But, I was pleasantly surprised when a faint smell of her perfume still lingered on my sheets. I snuggled with the pillow Y/N laid on and inhaled deeply. It was now that I realized how sad this was.

I don't know how long I laid there, but Taylor coming into my room knocked me out of my daze. "What's wrong with you?" She asked. I shrugged in response and subconsciously snuggled more into the pillow in my arms.

"Okay well I just wanted to check up on you since I didn't hear you go into the bathroom or anything. Mom should have breakfast ready in half an hour."

I nodded as Taylor left. I honestly didn't want to leave for school in fear that the scent will be gone by then. But I sucked it up and went into the bathroom, doing my business and brushing my teeth and hair. Since my outfit didn't really work yesterday, I decided to try something more badass.

I fixed my leather jacket, making sure it was presentable before heading downstairs

I fixed my leather jacket, making sure it was presentable before heading downstairs. Breakfast was ready by now, and everyone was sitting at the table already eating. It was silent when I sat down and it was almost awkward.

"Okay what?" I break the silence.

"Nothing honey. We just heard what happened between you and Y/N last night." Mom shrugged.

"Yeah I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard it." Chris snorted causing Taylor to reach over and punch him as hard as she could. I looked down at my plate in silence.

I could hear my mom scold Chris in a harsh whisper. I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore so I hurried to finish my breakfast before heading back up to my room. I grabbed all of my school stuff before heading back down to my car so I could just go to school early. Surprisingly, Normani was also early.

The dark skinned girl was just sitting in her car on her phone. I walked over there and sat in the passenger's seat, startling the girl. "Jeezus. Girl, you scared the shit out of me." She breathed out and laughed after. "Why are you here so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I laugh.

"Dinah was supposed to meet me here so we could hang out but she just texted me and said that she just woke up." Mani rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean hang out? You guys are together all the time." I ask.

"At school, yeah. But we barely get to see each other out of school because one of us is always busy." I hummed in acknowledgement.