Chapter 31

LAUREN'S POV

One of Y/N's doctors entered the room after they knocked. She came in with a small smile and walked to Y/N's bed after grabbing the clipboard.

"Okay, Ms. Y/LN. I think it's time we discuss the extent of your injuries and where we go from here." Y/N nodded a little before the doctor spoke up again. I squeezed her hand in reassurance.

"So with the event a couple nights ago, we found in the x-rays that you broke a lot of ribs, but we also found that you had ribs that haven't healed properly. We had to re-break those bones if they weren't already broken so they would heal correctly."

This doctor was trying to be funny and I could tell that Y/N was losing her patience. Even I was because this lady was honestly irritating. "The superficial wounds might scar over, it depends on how you heal but your ribs will take a long time."

"Can I play basketball?" Y/N deadpanned.

"Ms. Y/LN, given that you heal perfectly, even if that were to happen, I'm not sure you'll be able to walk without pain."

Y/N looked away from the doctor and kept her gaze on the door. It became an awkward silence. The doctor stood up.

"If you need anything else, just let the nurses know and they can contact me if anything." She smiled again slightly then left. Bitch. Y/N sighed and laid her head back on the pillow.

Her eyes were closed but she had a stressed look on her face. Her hands moved up to rub her eyes as she took a other deep breath. I was going to speak up but I was cut off when the same doctor popped her head in the door.

"I forgot to tell you that physical therapy will start tomorrow at three." She left again. Goddamn what was wrong with this bitch.

"Look you'll be fine and on the court in no time. I know you're strong enough to overcome this and I know-" I was cut off by Y/N.

"Lauren, please stop." She whispered. "I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Okay." I spoke in the same volume. Y/N held her arms out like a child. I smiled a little bit before laying back down her arms, cuddling into her side and leaving a kiss on her neck.

In return Y/N kissed my forehead. We stayed cuddled up for I don't know how long. I wanted to ask so many questions but I didn't want to upset Y/N. We all know how short tempered she is.

I was grateful when the door opened and Dinah walked in, followed by the rest of the girls. They didn't realize that Y/N was awake, but only because the Y/E/C eyed girl had her eyes closed, the tiniest smile on her face.

The girls greeted me warmly and sat down in their usual positions. They went on talking as if nothing happened, which was good kind of. At least they weren't deathly afraid that Y/N wasn't going to wake up. Well since they didn't know she had already woken up.

They carried on like they weren't in a hospital room. "Wow, nice to see you guys are really concerned about me." Y/N scoffed, finally speaking up.

The girls stopped and all their heads snapped to Y/N in surprise. Dinah was the first to jump up and run over to her best friend.

"Thank god you're okay." She mumbled as she hugged Y/N. "But you have no idea how pissed off I am at you right now."

Y/N just laughed, ignoring the youngest girl's remark. When Dinah pulled back, she glared at Y/N before hitting her shoulder, although lightly so she wouldn't further injure the poor girl.