Chapter 13

Yikes guys 😬 sorry not sorry

LAUREN'S POV

Tears streamed down my face. Y/N did something on her phone really quick before returning her attention to me. "W-What do you mean t-too late?" I stutter.

"I'm dating Camila now. And I'm not a cheater." Y/N speaks lowly.

"N-No!" I yell, causing Y/N to jump a little. "She- she may like you, b-but I'm in love with you!"

"It doesn't matter Lauren." Y/N hardened her face. "I'm with Camila, you're too late. If you had told me earlier then I don't know what would have happened, but you're still too late."

"No, no please no!" I cried.

"Look Lauren, go home. There's nothing for you here anymore." Y/N sighs.

"You are! Y/N please give me a chance." I beg. "I promise I won't mess it up."

"I'm sorry things ended like this but I can't help anything. I'm not a cheater and I'm not going to break up with Camila. You're just going to have to live with it because nothing is changing." Y/N starts gathering her stuff. My eyes trail to the ground as more tears fall from my eyes.

"But I love you." I whisper.

"I'm sorry Lauren. Your sister should be here to get you any minute." Y/N turned to leave.

"No Y/N wait!" I grab onto her arm.

"Lauren please stop. Don't cry over me, don't stress over me, don't worry about me, just don't think about me. I'm sorry." Y/N took her arm out of my grasp before turning to go back into her house.

I dropped to my knees and started sobbing. This is the worst pain I've ever felt. There's nothing running through my mind except the fact that I did this to myself. It was all my fault. If I hadn't waited too long to tell her then that'd be me she was dating.

It hurt to breathe, let alone sob. After a couple minutes arms wrapped around me and I was pulled into someone's chest. I recognized it as my sister and gripped the front of her shirt, still sobbing.

"I'm too late. I'm too late." I kept repeating.

"Shh, it's okay, let's go home." Taylor rubs my back. I let her bring me to my car and drive us home.

I quieted down but my tears never slowed. My head leaned against the cold car window as Taylor drove us home in silence. When she pulled up, she helped me to my room and sat down on my bed with me.

Taylor pulled me back into her chest as my crying picked up again. She laid us down and held me, whispering sweet nothings into my ear while rubbing my back. It took a couple hours for me to even think about calming down, let alone actually doing it.

But eventually, I had no more tears to cry. Now it was time for my anger to kick in. Camila was no better than me, I could give Y/N so much more than she ever could. Why Camila?

"What does Camila have that I don't?" I spat.

"I can't answer that for you, only Y/N can." Taylor sighed. I knew this hurt her because Y/N was now her best friend, and I knew it would hurt their friendship. "I know Y/N wouldn't do something without thinking about it, so there has to be something she knows that we don't."