Chapter 49

LAUREN'S POV

"Okay, it's time to get off your ass." Normani walked into my room and sat down next to me on my bed, where I was napping until she came. I groaned and turned away from her, just wanting to be alone right now. "We have to get ready."

I was still wallowing in my self-misery and there was no way I was ready to get out of it any time soon. My heart was still hurting, I mean it would be forever if Y/N wasn't by my side. Nothing could fill up that hole except the fact that she'd be mine again, even though that'd never happen.

"I'm not going." I mumbled. For the next part of the competition we had to go to Las Vegas in order to compete in the live shows. Of course I didn't feel like going, my only inspiration was gone. Plus there was the fact that practically every girl in our band just hated me for what I've done.

"No you're going. You're not going to ruin this for the rest of us because you're not feeling it." Mani scolded me. I sighed knowing that she was right. As I thought about it the dark-skinned girl was already pulling out my bags and packing for me. I sat up in my bed and eventually got up to help her.

We packed my stuff in silence and it honestly wasn't helping my state of mind. It hurt that my own best friend couldn't talk to me anymore, but no one would listen to me when I said that kiss wasn't my fault at all. Why did this just have to have happened to me. That was honestly my question, like what did I do to deserve this? All I did was love Y/N unconditionally, I tried to be a good girlfriend, so why did this happen?

A huff fell from my lips causing Normani to look over at me and I completely forgot she was even here. I avoided her gaze as we nearly finished my packing. All I needed was my toiletries. I walked into the bathroom to grab them and I shoved them into my bag before zipping it up. When we were done I sat down on my bed again with a sigh.

"Okay I can't take this anymore." Mani sat down beside me. "I know how much you love Y/N, so why did you feel the need to do this?"

"You say it like I wanted this to happen. I would never want this to happen let alone be the one behind it. All of you act like I was the one to kiss that guy when in all actuality, he kissed me. I pushed him off. Y/N is just-"

"No way girl, you are not putting this on Y/N. Look, I love you, you're my best friend but this isn't something you can just pin on her like that." Mani kept her voice calm and caring but my anger was starting to rise. "She loved you too-"

"Mani I don't want to do this right now. I'm not blaming Y/N for anything but all I want is a chance to tell her what really happened. I just need to talk to her, I know I can fix this." My eyes started watering. "This is tearing me apart, and none of you are making it any better. I get that Y/N is hurting and that's on me, but what about me? Have you stopped to think that this destroys me too? I love her with all my life and I would never want to hurt her, but I need help to make things right for the both of us. I need your guys' help."

"I'm sorry Lauren." Mani stood up and brought me into a hug as I cried in her shoulder. "I'll talk to the other girls, we'll see what we can do."

"Guys everyone is ready, we need to go otherwise we're going to miss our flight." Dinah stepped into my room and stood in the door frame. I wiped my eyes before stepping away from Normani and grabbing my bags. Dinah didn't even spare me a glance before she left to go downstairs with the other girls. Mani and I made our way downstairs to say goodbye to my family.