Chapter 18

Y/N'S POV

"You fucking freak!"

A bottle flew by my head, shattering against the wall. I ducked in fright, almost falling to the ground. The alcohol was leaking down the wall, along with shattered glass pieces. My backpack was practically hanging off my arms. I bolted it out of the house and to my truck.

"Well fuck." I breathed out as I was safe in my truck and on my way to Dinah's house. When I got there Dinah was practically on a rampage. She got in the truck and slammed the door shut. "Why didn't you tell me you and Camila broke up?!"

I jumped at her outburst. "Dude what the fuck."

"I had to hear from Normani! Who heard from Lauren! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry, I just didn't wanna talk about it." I shrugged, pulling out into the road.

"See Y/N, remember when we talked about telling each other stuff? This is when you need to tell me stuff." Dinah sighed.

"I know and I'm sorry. I just felt bad the way it ended. I mean we're still good and we'll stay friends but I didn't like how things ended."

"How did things end?"

"She basically broke up with me so I could date Lauren now-"

"No fucking way!" Dinah exclaimed. "That's crazy! She just told you to date Lauren instead?"

"Basically. She told me that she wasn't what I needed but that Lauren was so I needed to date Lauren instead. I felt bad though because she was telling me that she would catch me looking at Lauren and how she wished that it was her I was looking at." I looked down as we reached a red light.

"Mila said she couldn't stand in the way if I loved Lauren, which she knows I do apparently."

"Shouldn't you be jumping at the chance to finally be with Lauren though?" Dinah asked.

"I should." I sighed. "But I'm not."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Like honestly, I'm so confused! What goes on through your mind to make you think like this?"

"My problems are getting worse Dinah! That's why."

"Bullshit! You're just scared or something, you always look for excuses."

"You know what, maybe I am." I groaned. Before Dinah could speak up again, the honk of a horn cut her off and startled us. I looked up to see the light was now green so I sped off. "Look Dinah just let me sort out my shit first."

"You've been saying this for how many years now?" Dinah gave me an unimpressed look.

"Oh my god just shut up."

"You just know I'm right." Dinah laughed. "But hey, when are we gonna go on our annual road trip?"

"During Christmas break like we always do, dumbass." We both started cracking up.

"No but for real, is it okay if I bring Normani?"

"What the fuck am I supposed to do then? I'm not gonna third wheel." I looked at her incredulously before looking back at the road.