Chapter 7

FUCK ME UP^^

LAUREN'S POV

Y/N hadn't shown up for school in four days. Dinah was hysterical, and although I was on the inside, I didn't really have a right to react that way.

Dinah had gone over to Y/N's house, but came up empty. She said that every time she went over, Y/N's dad answered the door, saying that Y/N wasn't home. Dinah also tried to get as much people in on getting a hold of Y/N as she could.

All efforts came up short since there was still no sign of Y/N anywhere. In the mornings I would catch myself staring at Y/N's empty truck. It sat in the same spot ever since the day she left.

It even left an effect on Taylor.

Jazzy had returned to bullying her until the second day of Y/N's leave. That's when the police had found out about her apparent threats towards Y/N. She was forced to redo her sophomore year next year, meaning she would be held back and suspended for the rest of this year. Taylor felt that Y/N had left her and broken her promises.

There had to be more than this story though. And that's exactly what I told everyone else. By the end of the fifth day, I was getting fed up. It was time for basketball practice, so I followed Taylor into the gym. I searched for Dinah until I found her shooting around by herself.

It was sad to me because every time I would peek in to see a couple practices, Y/N was always there and they would always be joking around and laughing. "Hey Dinah. What's Y/N's address?" I ask.

Dinah gives me a confused look. "Why?"

"Because I'm going to try and see what's going on. It wouldn't hurt anything to check." I reason. Dinah hesitantly nods and gives me Y/N's address.

"Tell me if anything happens." Dinah whispered. I give her a thumbs up and make my way out the gym and outside the school to my car. I throw one last glance at Y/N's empty truck before leaving to find her house.

The house was two stories, but the garage was open showing a nicely decorated old school Camaro. I got out my own car and made my way to the door. Before I could to knock, it swung open.

Y/N looked shocked to see me standing there, closing the door to hide half her face. Before she closed the door I saw she was wearing sweats and hoodie, with the hood over her head. Her Ray-Bans covered her eyes. There was a couple new bruises on her face from what I could see. "What the fuck are you doing here?" She asked harshly.

"Why haven't you been in school?"

"None of your business." Y/N spat. I stood with my arms crossed, giving Y/N a pointed look. Her hardened look didn't falter although I couldn't see her eyes. "Could you just leave? I have to go to the grocery store so I don't starve to death." She smiles sarcastically.

"Why don't I join you?" I smile sarcastically back.

"Oh no Lauren, I could never bother you like that." She continued her sarcasm.

"Oh Y/N, you could never bother me."

"No seriously you're not going. If you'll excuse me." She went back to her stoic self, softly pushing me out of the way. Y/N went around into the garage, getting in the Camaro. I quickly jumped into the passenger side. Y/N stopped trying to get the keys into the ignition, now instead glaring at me.

"Come on. Before you starve." I smiled. For the first time in as long as I've known her, I saw Y/N try and hold back a smile. A hint of that smile showed on her face when she finally started the car.

It roared to life, the engine loud and mean. Y/N made me almost have a heart attack with her driving, she definitely liked to races and piss people off.