Chapter 14

Y/N'S POV

"When is the project due?"

"How many times do I have to tell you guys to just do the project? You won't have to worry about it if you're doing it right?" Mr. Brady answers some kid. Screw this son of a bitch. He's now my least favorite teacher in this stupid ass school.

"You will get to choose what you do for the project, but it needs to be a five page essay all in blueprint form. The subject needs to be a current world crisis, free will on what but there needs to be extensive research and both of you will have to have a stance on the issue, meaning it could stand as an argument, or as an addition to what the other person said. You have the rest of class time to start working."

The class erupted into conversations. I sighed, rubbing my face before turning to Lauren. "Do you have any ideas?" I ask.

"Rejection." Lauren spits back.

"That's not a world crisis." I sigh again. "I was thinking along the lines of racism or something."

"That's not a world crisis." Lauren mocks in my voice, over exaggerating facial expressions. I slam my hands on the desk with a confused look.

"Look whatever bullshit you have to say about me, get it out now because I am finishing this report with a good grade and you going about like this isn't going to get us a good grade." I spat.

"You know for the whole starting over and being a better person thing, it isn't really working out for you." Lauren smirks.

"I said I wouldn't be the most pleasant person to be around all the time. Get over yourself."

"You get over yourself! You think just because you have a girlfriend now that you run everything around here." She scoffs.

"Stop dragging Camila into everything! She didn't do anything to you."

"She did! She stole you away from me! Everyone knows I love you and yet you chose her after she comes out of nowhere?"

"I will not let you sit here and talk shit about my girlfriend!" I start getting angry.

"You really think you made the best choice there?" Lauren laughs humorlessly.

"Go ahead and keep your jealousy game going because I call Camila my girlfriend, not you. And we all know how much that affects you." That instantly stopped Lauren as she froze. When she didn't say anything else I grabbed my laptop and started researching my topic.

"I'm doing the topic on racism, you can do whatever you want, I don't care anymore." I sigh. Lauren and I didn't exchange another word for the rest of class. I felt really bad, that was a low blow. Why did I always have to take my anger out on her. I shook the thoughts off and barely managed to get some of the research done. When the bell rang I stood up and made sure I had everything before being stopped by Lauren.

"We can finish this at my house later tonight if you want." She avoided all eye contact with me and left right after, not giving me a chance to reply. I sighed before leaving the class as well. This was going to be a long day.

+~+~+~+~

Dinah and I made our way to the locker room in relative silence. I was already exhausted and not ready for this practice at all. "Girls we're working on cardio today so we'll be on the track after we warm up." Missy said. Are you fucking kidding me.

"Fuck this." I mumble for only Dinah to hear. She laughs and pats my back in sympathy.

I put on some running shoes instead of my basketball shoes and start stretching with Dinah. We weren't the first ones out there but we only stayed by each other. "You know you never told me how you and Camila got together." Dinah broke the silence.