Chapter 8

(Rick Pov)

Eric and Shawn come home, and I could smell that Shawn had been crying, I growl low that only Eric could hear me. "Dad, I don't make Shawn, cry Shawn thinks he's not good enough to be Avery Mate. I told about mates, and he told me that he was unclean and used; for Avery to love him," Eric said in our mind link. I went to them and pick up Shawn," We are going to the Pack House in the morning, I had Maggie packed already. Go and pack for Shawn and you." I said. "Yes, Dad," Eric linked me back. I carried Shawn up to my room, as Shawn began to cry," D....D...a...d...d...y, A...v...e...r....y i....s M....M ....a...t...e." He hiccup. I know baby, I hope he was. Plus He came and told me in person," I said as I rubbed his back to calm him down. Like I did as he was a young pup. Annie always hates me spending more time with him than her. I should have known something was wrong with Shawn. But I didn't find out it was and I feel like I had failed him as a Father, his protector. As we walked into my room I closed the door and put Shawn down onto the bed. I have to tell him about our beast, and that I have no choice, but to let Avery's be with him; Even if I hate it, I can't have a pissed off Alpha Beast loss to kill to find his mate. I know that he won't hurt him. Still, I don't want Shawn to be push into something he's not ready. Fucking Annie I would love to kill her for what she did to mine pup. Thinking his not good enough for his mate. I wish she were a werewolf so I could rip her apart with my bare hands."Shawn, baby I have to tell you something that you wouldn't like," I said. I take a deep breath and remembering what Avery and I talked about.

Flash Back: Two hours earlier

"Hey, Maggie. We having a dinner guest ," I said. "It's Avery, right Daddy. Did he finally told Shawn their mates, if not I kick his ass," Maggie said. "Mags! You will not kill your future Alpha ass; I'll kick Eric's ass for teaching you to swear. Yes, Avery did, then he came and to me," I said. I went into the kitchen to cook dinner; Chicken fried stakes with rice and veggies, spicy rolls, for dessert banana cream pie. Maggie came into the kitchen," Daddy I'm done with my homework. Can I help you, Daddy?" "Yes, can you set the table for me, sweetie," I said. "Ok, Daddy." As Maggie set the table I finish cooking dinner, and then a knock on the door. "I get it, Daddy," Maggie said. I heard Avery voice," Daddy is done with dinner. I set the table for us," Maggie said. I come out of the kitchen with dinner, I put down on the table in the ding room.

"Oh, I love spicy rolls," Avery said. "Yea, me too. Shawn can't handle them," Maggie. We ate dinner as Maggie talk about her day. "Maggie, why don't you eat your dessert in your room," I said. "Ok, Daddy," Maggie said as she took her pie upstairs. "I Fucked up, in two days is the Beast Moom, I forget," Avery said. I went pale," Shit, I did too, I was so busy," I said. "Yea, me too, Rick. I've to my Dad, and he told me that Shawn and I can use the cabin in the woods. So we could be a long and my beast won't fight with others males, cause Dad don't want to die Pack Members," Avery said. I was pissed I don't know the Beast Moon was that close," I can't say no, about this. I don't want your Beast to hunt down him and kill humans as well Pack members. I don't like it; that Shawn is being pushed into mating with you, and your best will be his first," I said pissed. "I'm sorry, Rick, I want to tell him for awhile now, It just I have to do it now. I need him; my mate beside me," Avery said. I know how he was feeling. Our wolfs need their mates to calm them down and to be close to them as well.

"Avery, please with you do, don't lose it with Shawn. Your beast will smell, what had happened to Shawn, and I don't want him hurt. We'll go to the Pack House tomorrow," I said "Thanks, Rick," Avery said as he got up and left the house. I went and did the dishes; cause I know Shawn will. I then went up into Mags room," Sweetie we are going to the Pack House in the morning. so pack for a week," I said to her. "Ok, Daddy."

End of Flask Black

"Shawn, some of our Pack Members have another form than our wolf's form. You know that old classic horror movie the howling; about werewolves." "Yes, Daddy I do, and I don't like it," Shawn said. "Well, son are beasts is like them," I said and Shawn's eyes widen in fear. "Shawn, our beast is not like that. About 45% of the Pack are desensitised of the old Lycan's Pack. Me, Alpha Zack, both Jake and Jim, and Jack too, Their pups are one too. Eric is one and Maggie may or not be one; cause of her human genes ," I said. "Are they bloodthirsty monster?" Shawn asked. "No, they are not, our beast will not kill; if they ar in a fight with unPack members. You were eight month's old with my beast met you, your mother left you with me. She went out for a weekend with her friends. My beast could have killed you,but don't cause he know I love you as my own. He took care of you till I change back. You see Shawn I'm not in control of my beast or talk to him. I only can watch thru his eyes," I said. " Did Mother know?" "Yes, She found out when you were one, and she stayed home on the Beast Moon. She freaked out and called him a monster, but he looks down at you with love; that she saw and she accepts him too. After I change back I told her, that he had taken care of you," I said. "Daddy how, he took care of me with claws, or changed my diapers on to feed me?" I laugh as I remember that two days. "Well, first, of all our beast's don't have claws; hands like humans with long nails. He had watched me feed you; with your bottle, Annie had made them before she left. He saw how I warmed them up. He doesn't change your diapers; he clean you like a wolf pup," I said. "Oh, my, god he didn't! Shawn yelled. "Yes, he did, son I'm glad that I couldn't taste it," I said. We laughed for a while. "Shawn, I have to tell you more about the differences of our Beasts;Three things," I said. "What are they, Daddy?"

One: Alpha's Beast is bigger than others Beasts at 8 feet tall with long jet black fur. Warrior's Beasts at 7 feet with dark brown fur ; as a High Warrior mine is mixed with dark brown and black fur. Eric's too is a High Warrior Beast. Others are 6 feet and have gray or white fur; females Beast are white and males are gray.

Two: We aren't in control of our Beasts; we can see and smell and hear what they do. Our Beast's have heightened senses; they can smell 10 times better than us or our wolfs. They can see and hear long distcens.

Three: Our Beast's like to fight with others; but not to kill, play fighting. They will hunt for game to eat. They will mark or mating with their mates; not by force.

"Shawn, Avery's Beast will smell the males that hurt you," I said. Shawn went pale and he eyes widen in fear again," Daddy, Avery will know I'm unclean and will hate me," Shawn said as he began to cry. "No, he wouldn't baby, cause his Beast will know it's was force. He may want ti hunted down them to kill them, but he'll will never hate you, or thing you are unclean to be loved," I said as I held my pup. I hate Annie for making Shawn thinks his unclean to be loved by his mate.