4; infernal devices and what-not

it's better to fight for something than live for nothing-George S

-George S. Patton

After the Derek disappeared, Scott told how he kissed Allison, practically drunk with happiness. But Stiles broke it to them that Derek was allowed out after the girl was said to be killed by a wolf. The body was identified as Laura Hale; Derek's sister.

And now, Charlotte was passed out on the bed.

"Charlie, there's ten minutes till- Charlie?" Scott said, entering his sister's room and looking at her in surprise. She never slept in, or slept a lot in general.

"Charlie?" Scott asked, getting a groan in response. He bit back a smile.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. Charlotte was buried under the covers, except for her eyes and nose peaking out the top.

"I think I'm dying," she groaned, and Scott rolled his eyes at her over-dramatics, pulling down the covers to her waist.

"Scott!" She whined into the pillows, and he moved her so that he could place his hand on her forehead.

"You're burning up Charlotte," he frowned, and she groaned again, trying to grab the covers back, but Scott stopped her.

"Scotty," she groaned again, and he picked up her phone, and called their Mom.

"Charlie? I told you only to call me if it was important," Melissa said.

"Not Charlie, Mom," Scott sighed, looking down at Charlotte.

"Oh. Where's Charlotte?" Melissa asked.

"She's asleep," Scott said, and Melissa was silent.

"Oh. Is she okay? Put her on," Melissa said. Scott pushed the phone towards a not very conscious Charlotte.

"Get that infernal device away from me," she grumbled, and Scott sighed.

"She's burning up. Is it a fever?" Scott asked down the phone, and heard Melissa sigh.

"Maybe. Just get her some food, and let her stay at home. I'll use my lunch break to come check on her," Melissa said, and Scott nodded, and they said their goodbyes. Scott sat beside his sister, and pushed the hair from her face.

"You okay?" He asked, and she opened her eyes slightly.

"I'm fine," she said quietly. He sat there for a while with her, holding her hand, not wanting to leave her, but she urged him to go to school, considering Stiles called him about 50 times this morning. He told her what their mom said, and he got ready to leave.

"Charlotte. Is this about Danielle?" Scott asked, and Charlotte opened her eyes again, more alert.

"No," she said with a blank expression.