29; worrying

my worst enemy became my best friend

-r.v.a.

At three o'clock, the band of teenagers trudged into the library, Scott, Stiles and Charlotte sitting at one table and Jackson, Allison and Matt sitting at the other. Erica took a seat beside Charlotte, making her lift her gaze and glare at the blond girl, who just ignored her.

"Oh, we can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools," Jackson said smugly as he sat down.

"All of these tools?" Harris asked, and Stiles sighed, "no, just us tools."

"Fine. You two," Harris nodded at Scott and Stiles, "over there." They stood up, Stiles walking over to the table as Scott stayed behind, looking at his sister in concern. He knew if she was left alone with Erica, it would only be a matter of time before World War Three broke out.

"McCall! Go," Harris ordered, and Scott glared at him as he reluctantly dragged his feet over to the table, sitting down beside Stiles.

Charlotte's fingers tapped on the desk out of irritation as she flicked through her book. She was looking through the book of photos that Danielle had taken a couple of years ago, slowly taking in all the photos.

"She was really nice," Erica said quietly, as Charlotte looked over to Erica with hard but curious eyes."

"Danielle," she said, nodding to the book. The page she had opened help a photo of Danielle, Charlotte and Jackson on the beach together, all of them laughing, "she was nice. We had English together."

Charlotte nodded slowly at her words, her face blank. Erica sighed, resting her elbows on the table, "I know you probably don't believe me, but I am sorry about what happened. I'm sorry that you're suffering so much."

"You're right," Charlotte nodded, looking over to her, "I don't believe you."

Both girls looked up as Jackson quickly exited the room, Harris following in pursuit, but not before saying, "nobody leave their seats." Of course, Scott and Stiles being themselves, they left their seats instantly, moving back to the table with Charlotte and Erica.

"Stiles says you know how Jacksons parents died," Scott said, and Erica smirked as she shut her book, "maybe."

"Talk," Scott said, and Erica put her book on the table, "it was a car accident."

Charlotte visibly winced, which didn't go unnoticed by her brother. He was going to bring it up. Erica continued, "my dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's 18."