19; dangerous

think often, to make your mind the most dangerous weapon you have- rachel wolchin

- rachel wolchin

"I knew you would turn someone else," Charlotte huffed in the car, and Derek smirked slightly. She had been silent since they had left the school, and she had presumed they were driving to Isaac's house

"At least I didn't lie," he shrugged, and Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Isaac though? Seriously? Thought you would pick someone with a little more... ferocity," Charlotte said bitterly, and Scott flinched at her tone in the back.

He had learnt from years of experience; that tone is not your friend.

"I told you I needed a pack," Derek said calmly, and Charlotte's jaw clenched in anger as she looked out the window, calming herself.

If there was one thing Charlotte had proven, it was that her anger was constantly hanging on a very fine thread, and as much as she hated to admit it, that string snaps very easily. Some people, like Jackson, had a particular talent at doing it.

"O-kay," Scott said awkwardly, clapping his hands together, "let's all calm down and maybe not fight in the car? I feel like a child witnessing a fight between their parents."

"How are you angry right now?" Charlotte huffed, turning to her twin "he turned Isaac. My friend!"

"Charlie, I love you, but you're easily angered," Scott shrugged as they pulled up to the house.

"Whatever," she muttered, climbing out of the still car. Scott rolled his eyes, following her out as Derek left the car too. Charlotte saw the house and shuddered, a cold feeling creeping down her spine. She grasped onto Scott's arm, and both boys stoped walking and looked to her, while her gaze was glued to the house.

"You okay?" Scott asked with concern, while Charlotte eyed the door. "This place is giving me the creeps," she replied.

"The creeps as in you're getting the creeps or the creeps as in we're all going to die?" Scott asked, and Charlotte broke eye contact with the house, shaking her head.

"Neither, never mind," she dismissed, stepping forward, but Scott took a step back, still looking at her worriedly.

"You can wait in the car if you want," Derek suggested, his brow furrowed.

"It's fine, I'm fine," she insisted, and Scott sighed, but nodded, turning to the house.

There was police tape across the Lahey household door, which Derek clearly didn't care for as he tore it away, simply opening the door and walking into the dim house.