47; manifesting

you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf

-joseph goldstein

Charlotte groaned as her eyes fluttered open, the morning sunlight creeping in through the curtain. She sighed and closed her eyes again, before her eyes opened quickly and she scrambled to sit, ignoring every nerve of her body that was screaming in pain.

She was not in her bed, she was not in her house, and she sure as hell was not in a place she knew.

Looking around the room, it looked like a cabin of some sort, and peaking out the window that was beside her bed to see the forest surrounding her, it confirmed her worst fear— that she was in the middle of nowhere.

She heard footsteps outside the door, and was quick to grab the lamp that was beside the bed and tiptoe over to stand beside the door. She regretted it as soon as she did it, because whatever wound was on her side opened up, and her head began to pound as she felt like she was about to drop. Still, when the door opened, she swung the lamp at the body standing in the doorway.

May was quick to grab the lamp to stop it from hitting her and sighed deeply, giving Charlotte a deadpanned look, "did you really think that would work?"

"Worth a shot," Charlotte mumbled, taking a step closer to take a swing at May. But before she could even get her fist up in the air, her knees buckled and she headed towards the floor. May dropped her lamp, catching Charlotte and dragging her back to the bed as she mumbled reassurances, "you're okay, I gotcha kid."

Charlotte groaned in pain as May helped her lie down again, opening her eyes to glare at the woman, "I hate you. Why are you helping me? You're the bad guy."

May scoffed a laugh, "I'm not the bad guy. I might have helped the bad guy, but I'm not."

"Have you ever heard of the term 'guilty by association?'" Charlotte raised a brow, and May smiled, "even on death's door, you've still got quite the mouth on you, Charlotte."

Charlotte laughed, before grimacing as the sharp pain shooting up her side. May frowned, moving to lift Charlotte's bloody top up slowly to reveal the bloody bandaged wound.

Charlotte furrowed her brow, "did you...?"

May nodded, peeling back the bandages to check her wound, "and your arm, and your leg. But they've healed. You just have light scratches everywhere else. You had a pretty nasty gasp on your head from where Kali got you, but it's healed as well."

"I've already healed? But that's impossible," Charlotte said in disbelief. May simply shrugged, "it could be from your bond with Scott. For example, this," she pointed at the three slash marks across her lower abdomen, "this is from the bond. This is Scott's wound, but since you two are bonded, its manifesting on you as well. So it won't heal until he heals."

"But why hasn't it healed? He's a wolf," Charlotte asked, and May just shrugged again, "maybe because its a wound from an Alpha. Or maybe its a psychological thing."