12; i can't stay away

you gotta love like you'll never be hurt-William W

-William W. Purkey

Because Scott is the worrying brother he is, he wouldn't rest until Charlotte agrees to go to Deatons. After she did, she insisted on going home, by herself, and that's where she was now. It was night now, and Scott ran off, probably to Allison's, while Charlotte was in the mood to clean. That's what she did; stress cleaning. She was straightening out her duvet when she heard the window open behind her. But she knew who it was.

"Shouldn't you be going on a murdering spree with your new leader or something?" Charlotte said, not turning around.

"It's not like that," Derek's gruff voice said from behind her.

"Then tell me, what is it like?" She snapped, turning to him with her arms folded. He sighed, his hands in his pockets, and stayed silent.

"That's what I thought," she said, turning around, when Derek walked up behind her and grabbed her arm, spinning her around, while she glared up at him.

"What you did tonight was incredibly stupid," he said coldly, and she scoffed.

"Actually, the only stupid thing was that I missed," Charlotte said, ripping her arm from Derek's grip. She walked to the door, and went to open it when Derek's arm shot out beside her head to shut the door, and his other arm on the other side.

"We need to talk about this," he whispered in her ear, making her shiver, and him smirk.

"We don't need to talk about anything," she said back, and Derek spun her around, she her back was pressed against the door, and he stepped closer, so there was near to no space between them.

"You're insane," he whispered, "going up against Peter like that." Charlotte clenched her jaw and shoved Derek, but he only moved back two steps.

"It was more than what you were doing! What the hell were you thinking, siding with him? Were you even thinking?" She yelled, knowing her mom and brother weren't home, so she could throw one in peace.

"You, stupid, ignorant, dumbass-" she said, striking his chest with every word.

"He threatened you!" Derek exclaimed, grabbing her wrists.

"What?" She whispered, and Derek sighed.

"He threatened you," Derek repeated softly, "that if I didn't join his pack, he would kill you." For the first time in a while, Charlotte was speechless.

"That night," Charlotte said, "that Scott got bitten. That I nearly got bitten. Were you there?" Derek looked at her in surprise, but nodded all the same.