25; maybe chemistry will be our always

'friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness

'friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.'
-euripides

"Charlotte. Charlotte. Charlotte."

"Jackson! Shut up!"

Charlotte hissed at him as he continually kicked the side of her table in Economics. She was sitting behind Stiles, who was sitting beside Scott, and she had somehow gotten stuck beside Jackson. He rolled his eyes as he leaned forward in his seat towards the two boys, "hey. Testicle left and right. What the hell is a Kanima?"

All three of them lifted their heads quickly, looking around to him, unable to answer as Coach threw a book on the table, "alright listen up. Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall- no, not you... I mean Male McCall," he said to Charlotte as she raised both eyebrows, "might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

"Paralysed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson complained to the trio, while Stiles proceeded to roll his eyes, "I'm familiar with the sensation."

"Wait... why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Charlotte muttered to Jackson, who shrugged, "how should I know?"

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles frowned, and Jackson shook his head, "I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about Chemistry."

"Jackson!" Coach yelled, "do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Just an undying admiration for my- my coach," he replied suavely, while the Coach chuckled and shook his head, "that's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it!"

Scott leaned over at grabbed Charlotte, practically yanking her out of her chair, doing the same to Stiles, "how do we know it's not her?"

"We don't," Charlotte shook her head, "okay? It could be anyone. But I saw the Kanima. It was a monster, Scott. Lydia... Lydia isn't."

"Well, she's sorta evil," Stiles shrugged, "maybe just 50%. Or 60%. No more than 40% on a good day."

"Stiles," Charlotte hissed, yanking him by the ear lightly, "not. Helping."

"I know, I know. But trust me, Lydia's fine," Stiles nodded surely, and Charlotte shrugged, feeling an ache in her head. She groaned quietly as she held her head with one hand, raising her other to ask a question.