38; trouble

'Only I can change my life

'Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.'
-Carol Burnett

"You're sure about this?"

"Yep," Charlotte nodded, taking a deep breath, and Will eyed her cautiously, "are you really? Are you really really sure? 'Cause we can just not do this if you don't want to."

"I want to, Will. I do," Charlotte chuckled, and Will shrugged as he nodded, "Okay then. Don't blame me if you hate it."

The duo walked into the hairdressers as Charlotte sat down in a seat.

"How much are we chopping off today?" The hairdresser asked as she began to brush Charlotte's hair off. "A lot," Charlotte nodded, and glanced over at Will who smiled encouragingly. It was the last day of summer, and Charlotte refused to waste it.

Summer had passed all too quickly for the teenagers, and Charlotte and Derek were still happily together. They had their arguments- as lovers do- but were as happy than ever.

Apart from the fact that there was a new threat in the town.

She hated that she had to keep a secret from Scott, but Derek had managed to convince her to secrecy. But this wasn't the only secret Charlotte's been keeping. The woman she had talked to months ago was always on her mind, as she wished, not knowing, that she would make a reappearance soon.

"Woah," Will's eyes widened once Charlotte walked out of the hairdressers, "you look... woah."

The two teens had become firm friends over the summer, and much to Derek's dismay, they had spent a lot of time together, from working at Joe's together, to movie nights with Melissa. Again, much to Derek's dismay.

"Do I look recognisable?" She chuckled, and he spluttered slightly, his eyes still wide, "you look... amazing." She had gotten her hair cut short, all the way to her shoulders. A fresh start. And not just with her hair, but with school, with her family, and with Derek. This year, she told herself, is gonna be a good year.

Deep down, she already knew how wrong she was.

«       «       «       «        «

"Hey Charlie, are you gonna come see Scott get his tattoo? Charlie? Chaaaarrrlliiiieee!"

Charlotte pulled her leather jacket on, rolling her eyes at Stiles' persistence. "Yeah, no. I gotta go out."

She opened the door, and after Stiles very literally nearly fell through it, his jaw dropped, "your hair is gone! Why is your hair gone?"