28; poison

the worst solitude is do be destitute of sincere friendship-sir francis bacon

-sir francis bacon

After a long winded conversation with her mother on the phone Charlotte took her car keys- it still made her smile once she called her her car keys- and left the diner, driving to the police station and walking inside.

Melissa was frowning, her 'motherly scolding' face rising as she saw Charlotte, "did you take part in this?"

"In what?" Charlotte asked. All she knew was what her mom had told her- Scott and Stiles had kidnapped Jackson, "you don't seriously think I had anything to do with this?"

"I have no idea," Melissa said, sighing, "but the Sheriff said Jackson didn't mention anything about you, so I'm assuming you didn't do this?"

"I was at Joe's all day mom, multiple witnesses," Charlotte reassured her, and Melissa sighed and relaxed, before she tensed and glared at her, "all day? Why weren't you in school?"

Charlotte opened her mouth to defend herself before the sheriff intervened, "sorry, but Melissa, you need to be in here for this bit."

Melissa sighed and nodded, walking to the door of the room Charlotte presumed Scott and Stiles were. "I am not dropping this. We will talk later," Melissa said sternly to Charlotte who just nodded as she turned and walking into the room.

Twenty minutes later, Stiles left the room with the Sheriff and Scott exited with Melissa, Charlotte standing from the seat she was in. They began to walk before Melissa held onto Scott's shoulder, stopping him and turning him around, making Charlotte stop too.

"It's not just this. Although, a restraining order is a new low I didn't think that you would reach quite this soon. It's everything on top of it," Melissa frowned, lifting her hand as she began to count off the things on her fingers, "the completely bizarre behaviour, the late nights coming home- from the both of you- having to beg Mr Harris for you to make up for that Chemistry test that you missed."

"I missed a Chemistry test?" Scott asked cluelessly, and Melissa sighed, "really Scott? Really? I have to ground you. I am grounding you. You are grounded."

"What about work?" Scott asked, and Melissa nodded, "fine, other than work. And no TV."

"The TV's broken," Charlotte said gently, trying not to agitate her mother further, "then no computer."

"I need the computer for school," Scott said, and Melissa sighed, "then no, uh... no Stiles."

Charlotte and Scott's eyes widened as Melissa spotted the skinny pale boy behind them as Stiles walked forwards, "what? No Stiles?"

"No Stiles!" Melissa yelled, and Stiles pulled a face as he retreated quickly, "and no more car privileges. Give me your keys. Give 'em to me!"

Scott quickly took out his keys, handing them to his mother as she attempted to take them from the key chain, "oh for the love of god."