18; suck it up, sunshine

bravery is the capacity to preform even when scared half to death

-omar n. bradley

"So let me get this straight- you found an omega, lost him, he got killed by the hunters- who I attended a funeral with- while Lydia reappeared and is perfectly fine and you're choosing now to tell me?!" Charlotte yelled while throwing a cushion as Scott, who caught it.

"I didn't want you to worry," Scott said, thinking he would make it better. He was wrong. He moved his head to the side to avoid the second cushion being thrown at him.

"Worry? Worry?! I was been worrying myself sick over Lydia, and then you go do something stupid and try to save some omega? Scott-" Charlotte yelled.

"He needed my help! If you saw someone in trouble, tell me you wouldn't try to help them," Scott retorted.

"I wouldn't go up against a group of hunters, alone!" Charlotte yelled, but before Scott could protest again, she pointed her finger up in Scott's face, "and I heard you sneak out last night to see Allison, so don't start at me, Scott McCall!"

"What are you two fighting about now?" Melissa said as she came downstairs, brushing her hair.

"Nothing," both twins said in-sync, and Melissa looked at them oddly.

"Liars, but I'm too tired to argue," Melissa said pouring a coffee, "get your butts to school."

"Yes mom," they both replied with, and Melissa shook her head and smiled her twins punched each other as they walked out the door, and hearing Scott yell as Charlotte pushed him into a bush.

« « « « «

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked as she, Charlotte and Lydia approached the school. This was one of the many times Charlotte felt excluded, even though she wasn't.

While the other two girls were wearing skirts and dresses and heels, Charlotte had an old faded pair of black jeans on, with a grey leather jacket over her flimsy tank top, and an old green shoulder bag on, with black boots.

Charlotte didn't usually care what other girls thought most of the time, but she supposed it may be time to start caring.

"The call it a fugue state," Lydia said, snapping Charlotte out of her revere, "which is basically a way of saying "we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But personally I don't care. I lost nine pounds."