bonus chapter 2: 'the glasses'

she remembered who she was, and she changed the game

-lalah deliah

It was purely by coincidence that Charlotte was on the other side of Beacon Hills the day she spotted Derek.

It was two days before her and Scott's birthday, a day she was secretly dreading. But again, it was purely coincidental that she spotted Derek the day she headed into a side of town she had never ventured into before.

Joe had given her a bonus a few days ago, and for a while, her home had been financially stable. So Charlotte took the extra money, and headed to an old book store her father used to take her when she was young.

She had only bought four or five books, which for Charlotte, wasn't a lot. Afterwards, she thought she would read the books in a small coffee shop she had seen when she drove to the store, so decided to head in that direction.

A few hours later, she was still in that exact coffee shop, sipping away at her own coffee as she continued to read through her book. The third book that day, I may add. The books she had purchased where old, bound in leather and fragile. And all contained information on mythical beings.

A.K.A. werewolves.

Charlotte had finally come to terms with some facts;

One. She was not human. As much as she wished and prayer, she wasn't human. Which leads us to number two.

Two. She had no idea what the hell she saw. Never scratched nor bitten (except when Peter attacked her... twice), and has never shifted or felt murderous urges (debatable) on a full moon. The only positive side to this mystery was that it narrowed her search. The mystery woman, May, still hasn't made a reappearance, and seemed to be the only one with answers.

And three. She would do anything - anything - to get out of the birthday party Lydia was throwing her and Scott.

It was when she happened to lift her head out of her book, just for a second to glance outside, did she spot her boyfriend.

And there he stood.

Derek.

Derek Hale.

Wearing.... glasses.

The cup nearly slipped from Charlotte's hand as she watched the man climb into his black camaro and drive away, the spectacles sitting against the bridge of his nose. Charlotte froze, her gaze fixed on one point as she process.

My hot, intimating, alpha werewolf boyfriend... wears dorky-ass glasses.

This should be good.

«       «       «       «        «

"Hey you."