43; my house, my rules

"relationships only work when we break each other's walls down and fight to understand each brick

"relationships only work when we break each other's walls down and fight to understand each brick."
–jeffery j. neubauer

Panicking was not something Charlotte had planned on doing in this moment of crisis.

But seeing as she was cornered in a boiler room, where no one would here her screams, with two ravenous werewolves that were lusting for blood, she figured panicking was her only option.

She made contact with the two sets of glowing eyes across the room, and gulped as she began to slowly take steps backwards. She knew if she ran, she wad screwed. Moving slowly seemed like her best bet. She knew the supply closet was a few more steps behind her, and while it wouldn't keep them out for long, it would give her some time to think of a plan to get herself out of this mess. However, when her foot hit a metal bucket, that fell over with a loud bang, it set everything into motion.

Charlotte let out a scream as Boyd and Cora both lunged at her, and she stumbled back. They collided with each other, giving Charlotte enough time to scramble to her feet and step into the safety of the supply closet and pull the caged door over as they threw themselves at the door.

She was so completely and utterly screwed. She could pile boxes of books up to make a barricade? But they would destroy it in seconds. Maybe stab them to death with pencils. Or make a slingshot and fire erasers at them. Oh my god, she was going to die down here.

She kept her foot against the caged door, but as the two wolves only grew more impatient and aggressive, it only took one hard pull for Boyd to completely pull the door off of its hinges and throw it to the side. Her eyes widened as she quickly took a step back, before gasping as Boyd was thrown away from her, and Cora followed. Derek appeared from the shadows, giving Charlotte a firm push before pointing, "go, hide down there. Don't even think about going anywhere until I come back to get you."

"Derek-" Charlotte spoke with fear lacing her voice, but he interrupted her by yelling, "go, now!"

She did as he said, moving to hide behind the shelves and sitting on the ground, curling herself up into a ball and wrapping her arms around herself.

Charlotte was reckless at the best of times, and she didn't typically fear death. But that was probably because she never really came close to dying. Aside from the accident. She began to take life for granted, because life didn't really seem all that great anyways. But now, when she was put in that position again, when her life hung in the balance, she had a taste of fear that she hadn't felt in a long time.

Probably because she had Derek in her life now.

He made her happy. And because she was happy, her life was a little bit brighter. Everything around her just was... better. And here she was, risking her life to fight, just for the sake of fighting. And she could've died, with Derek mad at her, and her, mad at the world.