14; kickass

I'm not afraid of werewolves or vampire or haunted houses, I'm afraid of what real human beings do to other real human beings

-Walter Jon Williams

Charlotte was not having a good time.

Her best friend had ran off with Scott somewhere, Jackson disappeared with Lydia hot on his tail, with Stiles sending lingering looks to Lydia.

So she did what any sane person would do, and ditched.

Once she got home, she took off the dress and the dreaded high heels Lydia had forced her into, and got changed into an old baseball jersey and hoodie, and some old jeans, when her phone buzzed.

Are you still at the formal? -Derek

Charlotte smiled slightly, and shook her head, picking up her phone to respond.

I ditched

Shame. Would you come over now? -Derek

Charlotte frowned. Derek was never straightforward, and he definitely didn't sign his name off after every text. She responded carefully, feeling like it wasn't Derek she was really talking to.

Of course! When and where?

Now? The old Hale house? -Derek

Charlotte now knew it wasn't Derek. He would've said it was 'his house', and he wouldn't be putting question marks.

I'll be there in five.

«       «       «       «        «

Charlotte sat watching in a tree. She had arrived no more than two minutes after she had sent that text, and was now waiting for the fake Derek to appear. She had her bow loaded in her hand, and shrugged down lower into her hidden spot in the tree when she heard leaves rustling near her. A minute later, Kate Argent was walking cautiously up to the door of the Hale house, gun in hand.

She entered the house, and Charlotte stayed silent and still for 20 minutes till Kate came angrily storming out of the house, and went through a concealed gated door nearby. Charlotte waited till she saw Kate walk out again before she leapt from the tree, and quickly ran towards the gated door.

She slowly edged along the corridor, her bow pulled back and ready to fire, when she heard a roar coming from behind a door at the end of the hall. A mans laughter was heard, and then Charlotte heard footsteps, and a tall bald man walked out of the room with a baseball bat.

"Hey!" He yelled, and Charlotte let an arrow loose that landed in his lower leg, he yelled out as he fell, dropping his baseball bat, which Charlotte prompted picked up.