7; potential

fear is not real

fear is not real. fear is a product of the thoughts you create. danger is real. but fear is a choice.
-cypher raige (played by will smith)

"Lock it, lock it!" Scott yelled, as Charlotte and the two boys pressed their backs against the main door to the school.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles yelled back.

"Grab something- "

"Like what?"

"Anything!" Charlotte intervened. While both twins clutched the handle bars, Stiles looked out the doors to see the bolt cutters on the ground. But before he could say anything, Charlotte beat him to it.

"No!" She yelled, grabbing his arm.

"Yes," he said

"No, Stiles, don't- "she began to say, before he pushed past her and ran to the bolt cutters, as her twin held her back.

Stiles grabbed the bolt cutters and ran back into the school, and as the boys shut the door, and Charlotte shoved the cutters between the handles making a makeshift lock. The three look at each other, and Charlotte grabs her bow before all three run down the hall, till they hurtle into a dark classroom.

"The desk!" Charlotte says, as the boys reach for it, and push it against the door as it makes a loud squeaking noise.

"Stop, stop!" Stiles whisper yells. The boys start to argue as Charlotte walks over to the window. Scott walked over to Charlotte.

"Can- "he began.

"They don't open. The school's climate controlled," Charlotte mumbled. She reached for her phone, but was interrupted by Stiles.

"What the hell happened to my-" he began, as an explosion of gas flew above their heads, sending them all screaming and ducking down. Something black skidded across the floor.

"Your battery," Scott said.

"My battery," Stiles replied, deflated. The twins shared a look before both grabbing Stiles and running out of the room. They all ran and ran till they ended up in the locker room, till Scott turned around and realised something.

Charlotte wasn't with them.

«     «     «     «     «

"Scott?" Charlotte whisper yelled as she entered the sports hall. She had gotten separated from her two bothers a while ago, and she was freaking out, and wouldn't leave till she found them. She reached for her phone, hands shaking, and dropped it. She leaned down, and heard the door swing open. She froze, and not lifting her head, taking out her sword quickly, and raised her head to see two red eyes staring at her from across the room.