41; McCall Private Investigators

"if i know what love is, it is because of you

"if i know what love is, it is because of you."
-henman hesse

-/-

"She's not dead."

Charlotte wished she had bet money on it. lol and behold; Derek was in denial, refusing to believe Erica was really dead.

"Derek, he said, 'there's a dead body, it's Erica.' Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation," Stiles argued, shrugging. Derek huffed, "then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously. Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle, the one who saved you?" Stiles directed his question to Isaac, who just shook his head, "no, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunder-dome," Stiles suggested, and Derek frowned, "then we get them out tonight."

Deaton sighed, "be smart about this, Derek."

"We can't just go storming in," Charlotte nodded in agreement, causing Derek to glare at her, "if Isaac got in, then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?" Charlotte retorted, returning the glare. If he wanted to take his anger out on her, fine. Two could play at that game.

"We need a plan," Scott looked between the two, making Derek scoff, "how are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"

"Uh," Stiles spoke up, "I think someone already did. 'Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months after vault robbery.' Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?" Derek folded his arms across his chest, and Stiles scoffed, "It's the Internet, Derek. Okay? Minutes."

Famous last words.

«       «       «       «        «

Minutes turned into hours, and the next thing you know, Scott, Stiles and Charlotte were spread around Stiles' room, all unconscious and covered in papers.

Scott was asleep in the chair, while Stiles was asleep on the floor, and Charlotte on the bed. The Sheriff walked in, sighing as they saw them all, "kids. Hey, time to wake up. Hey. Kids!"

They all snapped awake once he raised his voice, shaking their heads as they looked around in confusion. He sighed, "I gotta get to work. You three, get to school."

"Wait– Dad! Heather?" Stiles asked, and the Sheriff sighed and shook his head, "no, nothing yet."

They watched him leave, before beginning to dig through their research again. Charlotte sighed, shaking her head, "10 hours and nothing."