Let it Flow

Flashback

2 Weeks ago

Narrator POV

Naomi sat behind AJ watching him work the sound board was always mesmerizing for her. There were just so many damn buttons. It was fascinating how anyone could remember what did what. She was currently in the studio with AJ and KB and their studio crew. R&B music and kush smoke filled the air. Naomi was proud that she managed to land such a big client within her first year at this company. But she worked hard to get to where she was at and she deserved it.

Naomi looked away from the back of AJ's head while he focused on putting together a new track for KB and started scrolling through Instagram. She soon decided to post a picture of Zion and herself from a dinner date they had a couple of weeks ago. Curled up on the couch next to KB, She never noticed how closely he was looking at her phone.

"Damn Ni. Who is that girl in like half of your photos?" Naomi glances at KB, leaning back and away from him.

"Why you all in my phone KB?" Naomi stared at him noticing how he paid her no mind and focused all his attention on her photos with Zion. His deep brown eyes shined with appreciation and admiration for Zion's photos. Eventually he took the phone out of Naomi's hand and started to look through the Instagram photos.

"That's my best friend Zion Marley. We meet in the 9th grade. That's my rida. Now can I have my phone back?" Naomi snatched the phone out of his hand. "If you want to see my photos, you can follow me on Instagram or snapchat. Matter of fact please do that, the record company would love to see how close we are becoming and how well I'm doing at getting you acquainted with the big life. "

"Ain't nobody worried about your big forehead ass pictures or your job. I'm trying to see Zion. Baby girl is bad as fuck. She got a man?" Naomi couldn't figure out why he cared if she had a man, when has that never stopped him before? KB has been known for breaking hearts and happy homes. KB knew what his reputation was and he'd be damned if he didn't work hard to continue to remain to be known as a bad boy.

KB was still leaning over her shoulder checking out her photos. She'd never seen him so fascinated with one person before except for the time that he met Kelly Rowland and even that seemed a little different than this.

"No, she doesn't have a man. Why do you care? Besides, you have a phone over there, go look for yourself over there." Naomi put an emphasis on the words over there, tired of her new friend breathing down her neck. Literally. She pointed at his phone that was balancing on the windowsill of the recording booth and shook him off of her. He silently slid off the couch and walked over to his phone, which he quickly became immersed in.

KB stared at his phone scrolling and scrolling. His facial features a mixture between intrigued, serious focus and confusion.

KB became so quiet that everyone simply loved on to their own things. Naomi stood up and went to sit next to AJ. She wrapped both her arms around his torso, and leaned her cheek on his bicep while he continued to mess around with the soundboard.

Easily bored, she began to pepper kisses on the side of his face. AJ knee exactly what she wanted, and was more than happy to oblige. He turned his head toward Naomi and placed a couple of sweet soft kisses on her full lips. Feeling entirely content she smiled into the kiss then pulled away so that he could go back to work. She resumed her position and laid her head on his shoulder and so she could watch him work.

They stayed like that until KB muttered profanities under his breath and stepped out. Just to came back in a few moments later and start asking more questions about Zion.

"So she is single?" His light brown eyes looked big and completely innocent.

"Yeah. I already told you that." Naomi replied with a snarky attitude. She'd be damned if he thought Zion was the same type of girl he usually messed with.