Big Bro

"So why was you out with your boss?" I shrugged. I was currently in the car with Koni sharing my leftover food with him. He stay hungry. "Nah lil sis. You know why. Tell your older brother what's up."

Koni always knew when something was up. He always wanted to help other people and their problems. Even when they didn't ask for it. Tati and my other play brother Tristan were always there for me. But Tati was always more of a party girl. She doesn't really do well with feelings. And Tristan was always too wrapped up in his own problems to have time to help me with mine. Tristan had two baby mamas at the age of 19.

"So I've been talking to this guy." I told him the whole story about me and KB. Leaving out the fun details of course. When I got to the part about KB and I arguing I found myself getting upset all over again.

"So you pushed him away?"

"No, why are you taking his side. You haven't even met him yet." I crossed my arms defensively.

"The fact that you are getting defensive tells me all I need to know. You stay putting up walls when you can't control a situation. From the way you talk about him and the way your eyes lit up when you talk about him. I can tell that you really like him. What are you afraid of?" Koni took a bite out of the lobster.

"I'm not afraid of anything. He just expected too much out of a relationship that I couldn't give him. I mean we weren't even together." I looked out the window. "I just don't understand."

"What Zi, what are you not understanding? That someone you like actually likes you back? That happens more than you realize. But you so damn insecure that you don't see that shit. And when you do notice it you push the nigga away the moment you get a chance. I mean you friendzoned this guy the moment you could. Why?"

"Because we just met!"

"People meet on the street all the time and start dating. Hell that's how Tati finds all her boyfriends. You just keep coming up with excuses and I want to know why you blocking yourself." He looked at me expectantly and put his hand under my chin to make me look at him.

"So wassup? Why are you really afraid?" His brown eyes stared at me as he chewed on my food.

"I'm afraid he is going to leave. That one day he is going to wake up and realize that I'm not worth it."

"Zion you are one of the most beautiful girls I know. You have the kindest heart and the smartest brain. Why haven't you figured out your worth yet? Just because our parents left us all the time doesn't mean that others are going to do the same. I haven't met the guy yet but from what you tell me and the fact I ain't seen you in a few months tells me that he is special don't push him away because our parents were never around. He isn't them; let him fuck up on his own first." I threw my arms around him and buried my teary eyes in his chest.

"I love you Aubrey."

"Aye, no need to be throwing real names out there. I'm a thug in these streets." I giggled and punched him in the shoulder.

"Shut up. Can you take me home?" I looked at him still lightly crying.

"Nah." He put on his seatbelt and pulled off.

"Aubrey for real." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop with the legal name for real Zion. Where this nigga live?" I stared wide eyed at him.

"You are not going to meet him."

"Nah, not yet y'all need to get shit settled first. Then Tristan and I are going to pay this man a visit. Make sure he treat our sister right." I gave him the address.

"Now, this KB guy wouldn't happen to be the up and coming music artist? That just signed with Cross AG Records." I blushed and smiled.

"Yeah that's him. You should see him in the studio. He is so passionate about his music. He never releases anything until he is sure that it is absolutely sure that it is perfect. Koni he is like the sweetest guy too. They make him out to be a thug in the tabloids but he isn't. He makes me laugh and he shares his food with me. Sure sometimes he gets a little aggressive but that's only because people try him." We pulled up in front of KB's house.

"Your eyes are bright when you talk about him. Zion. Give him a chance. Let him in. I doubt he will hurt you. Especially if he shares food with your greedy ass. Now get out of my car."

"You just ate my food nigga!" He laughed when I shoved him then hugged him. "Tell Tanya I said wassup." I stepped out of the car and closed it. I walked up to the door and knocked on the door. Immediately I could hear Bella barking at the door. I knew he was home. Footsteps sounded behind the door.

"Bella stop that barking." He opened the door and looked at me. Grey sweatpants hung loosely around his hips and a towel sat around his neck letting me know that he had been working out. His eyes narrowed when our eyes connected. He stepped to the side to let me in.

We are at 1,000 reads!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and thankful to you guys. I hope you are enjoying the book as much as I am. Once I finish the book I am thinking about writing a book of short stories. I'm not sure yet we shall see. 

Okay as always:

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism, are always welcome. I want to become a better writer for you guys enjoyment and for myself.

Until next time 😘😘😘