Meet the Rents

KB caught up to me quickly and grabbed my hips to hide his boner. He waddled us up to the front of the restaurant to meet his parents. Standing behind me the entire time he introduced us.

"Mama, Pops this is Zion Marley, my girlfriend. Zi, that's my mama Mrs. Jill and my ugly ass Pops Mr. James" I smiled at them and went to shake their hands, his mom moved my hand out of the way and wrapped her arms around me effectively pulling me out of KB's arms.

"In this family we hug girl." I smiled at her as she hugged me tightly. His dad then gave me a hug afterwards.

"Who you calling ugly boy, like I won't bust your ass in front of all these white people

"Who you calling ugly boy, like I won't bust your ass in front of all these white people. You will never be too old to get your ass handed to you."

"Yeah but you will be

"Yeah but you will be." KB rolled his eyes and muttered under hi s breath.

"I heard you." His dad gave him the harshest look. His mother grabbed my hand as we went to our table in the back.

"Ignore them. They never knew how to act in public." I giggled and slid into the booth. KB was about to sit next to me but his mother quickly sat next to me.

"Don't think I didn't notice that limp you guys both had walking up to this restaurant. You guys can wait another 2 hours before you touch again." I stared wide eyed at KB, and blushed hard.

"Mama, can you not." He gave her a look. She smirked and picked up the menu. He mouthed told you so when no one was looking.

"So, Ms. Zion, are you in school?" She continued looking through the menu.

"No ma'am, I graduated last May. I work at Tanglewood now, as a Human Resource Assistant."

"Ahh Tanglewood is that big tea company that is across the street from Anthony's building. Is that how you all met?" His dad asked loudly.

"Pops we right here. You ain't gotta yell. Damn."

"Boy if you don't!!" Mr. James popped KB in the back of the head. "So damn disrespectful. I apologize Zion. I don't know how you put up with it. So how did you guys meet?"

"We meet at his signing a few months ago."

"Ant, I thought you guys meet on that graham cracker thing." Ms. Jill looked at Ant curiously. KB ducked his head embarrassed.

"Nah, mama we meet at my signing." He looked at her like he was trying to get her to shut up, while nervously glancing at me.

"Noo, you called me weeks before the signing saying you meet the love of your life on the gram. Telling my that you were gonna ask Naomi to help you out." I looked at KB curiously. He opened his mouth to speak but the waitress came over to take our order. And it wouldn't have taken long but the waitresses just had to fangirl it and take a picture. I rolled my eyes and huffed my breath when she walked away.

"KB." I gave him a hard stare.

"Huh?" He looked anywhere but me.

"What is your mom talking about?"

"Man, Mama don't know when to stop talking sometimes. I asked Naomi to get you to come. I saw you on her Instagram and I liked you, I wanted to meet you. Dang happy Mama, got me out here embarrassed and shit." He blocked a hit from his dad. "Don't hit me Pops"

"Don't curse at your mother." KB rolled his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me that before?" I asked him trying to catch his eye.

"How was I supposed to tell you, 'oh by the way babygirl, I had a crush in you and I asked your best friend to hook us up, because I was too afraid to talk to you on my own." He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "That's dead. That wasn't gonna happen."

"Why not?" I glared at him.

"Drop it Zi."

"No, was this whole thing a joke or something?"

"What the fuck? No. I told you, I liked you from the get. I was always the one chasing you how the fuck would this be a joke. Don't do this right now I'm not in the mood, especially not in front of my parents. He whisper yelled at me.

"So you can go behind my back and plan shit, but we can't talk about it face to face. So you set this whole shit up?" I said getting irked. I almost forgot that his parent were here. But I mean how dare he set this up and not tell me. He had months to tell me and he ain't say shit. Call me insecure but it seems sketch.

"You went out with Walter and still ain't say nothing. I say your crime is worse than mine but you don't see me making a big deal out of it. I was shy aight. I liked you a lot and I didn't know how you would respond. So I had Naomi help me out, what is your excuse?" He threw his napkin down and stormed out.

"Ugggh." I threw my head in my hands, and took a deep breath. Once I collected myself, I looked up with my eyes slightly wet and tried to excuse myself from the table. I was so mortified.

"Sweetheart, anyone can see that you two are meant for each other." Ms. Jill was interrupted by Mr. James.

"Yeah anyone that can put up with that big headed little boy is a miracle in themselves." I cracked a smile at him.

"You two just need to be patient and honest with each other and everything will work out." I thanked her as I got up from the table. She gently grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear. "I can tell you have been broken before, but so has he. Give him a chance to prove that he isn't going to hurt you, just like he is doing for you." I nodded in response to choked up to actually respond.

"We will be here when you guys get back." She smiled at me and sat down.

I always wondered how they got along for so many years but never got married. But now I realize that they have a friendship that comes before anything else. No matter how many times the other one had kids with someone else, they were friends first. They communicated first, and got mad later. I hope KB and I can do the same with a relationship.

I walked outside to look for KB and saw him talking to a really pretty girl. I assumed that she was simply a fan.

Until they kissed.

OOOOOUUU

Cliffhanger.

As always, Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism is always welcome!!!

Until next time 😘😘😘