Daddy Issues

KB POV

"Listen man we don't want to start no shit with you" Koni started the conversation.

"Yeah, we do." Tris gave me a hard look. Koni hit him in the back.

"No. We don't" Koni looked back at me.

"So whats with the private talk then." I looked at the two of them.

"Just because we ain't trying to start shit, don't mean there isn't any ground rules." He looked at me with a frown on my face.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that Zion had three dads." Sarcasm dripped from my voice.

"Have you met her dad?" Tris questioned me.

"Not yet. Bu-"

"You probably never will. None of us have the best relationship with our parents, and the moment that we could we dipped. Our parents were workaholics and when they did have off time they spent it with each other. Not the kids, themselves. Our parents didn't show their love to us through quality time. They showered us with gifts." Tristan stared at me hard.

"Listen, all of us somehow carry remnants of how our parents hurt us. For me I have commitment issues. And it sucks cause I meet a lot of cool girls but I end up breaking their hearts because I always find an excuse to leave. You can already see Tris issues. I mean two baby mamas before the age of 19." Tristan punched him in the shoulder. "I'm not going to even get into Tati's problems. But know that Zion has issues too. And we expect that you won't hurt her." I rolled my eyes, why would you automatically assume that I would hurt her.

"How would I even hurt her?" I looked at them. Zion meant a lot to me, yeah she had an attitude sometimes, but that doesn't mean I would hurt her.

"She told us about Loni." Ugh I knew that would come back to bite me in the ass. I never meant for her to find out that I talked to Loni. I wasn't thinking straight when I contacted Loni, I mean Zion just walked out on me. She wouldn't answer the phone or my text. I just needed someone to talk to and AJ wasn't anywhere to be found in the moment.

"Look I fucked up. I know but Zion and I already worked through that." I smirked at them then continued on. "I never meant to hurt her by doing that, but she hurt me too. She just walked out on me. I don't respond well to that shit man." I hate that I'm out here explaining my feelings and actions to these men that I just meant. But I know that they mean a lot to Zion so anything for her.

"Listen, I'm gonna tell you this because I know Zion hasn't. We just want you to be carefully, especially when you get big enough to go on tour and shit." I looked at them curiously. What were they getting at.

"What man? Just say it."

"Zion has issues. Her parents were the worst out of all of us. They would leave her for weeks at a time to travel and do business. They would usually find a reason to get mad at her to leave. They convinced her that when she acted up that she didn't deserve to have people around her. Not just when she was older. When she was mature enough for them they would just leave." I squinted my eyes in confusion.

"Bruh she was like 9 when they first left her for three weeks. They told her that they would be back in a week like always" My eyes widen in surprise and in disgust. "She didn't say anything at first because she had been alone before for a week and she assumed that they would be back. But half way through the second week, you could tell something was up. She wasn't eating. She wore the same clothes a couple of days in a row, because she couldn't work the washing machine. They called her the third week and said that they were disappointed in her because she had a B+ in Math. And that was unacceptable in our houses man." Tris looked at me warily while speaking.

"So I don't understand. They just dipped? On a 9 year old? Who took care of her?" I looked at them incredulously.

"She took care of herself most of the time. Remember we had money, she had everything she needs to take care of herself, and she was a smart girl as you can tell. She told us at school the third week that she had been by herself. She said that she was sad that they were gone, but more afraid that they weren't gonna come back." Koni looked down at the ground. "She has abandonment issues. That's why she left you the other day. When it was clear that you were mad at her, she assumed that you would leave her. So she left first."

"Fuck, she told me her parents loved her. Sure she said that they were away often. But she said that they still cared about her. Granted she doesn't talk about them often." I put my forehead in my hands. How the fuck could someone do that to my girl.

"We just wanted to let you know, so that when you do have tours, you know to give her ample time to adjust to the idea of you being gone." Tris put his hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him.

"Don't pity her. She still had love. She had us and we made sure to never leave her. And when we got older whenever they were gone we stayed with her. But remember loneliness isn't her issue, she is afraid that the person isn't going to come back."

"KB?" We all turned toward my back door. Zion was standing outside in my jacket and some shorts. I rolled my eyes.

"Babygirl we almost done. What I tell you about coming outside in no clothes. Its too cold for that shit. Go back inside." She smiled and turned back around slowly and headed inside. It took everything in me not to watch her backside as I have made a habit of.

"Listen, don't tell her we told you. We just don't want to see her get hurt like she did with Damien." Tris said.

"What happened with Damien? She mentions his name rarely." I looked at them. I have been wanting to hear the back story with her and Damien.

"They dated in college her sophomore and junior year. They liked each other a lot. Too much, you could tell he would take advantage of her." I looked at Koni intently. "Damien, who knew a bit about her issues, decided to join the Navy. That fucked her up for sure. He didn't tell her he was leaving until two days before training. She cried for days they were still technically together. Then he send her a letter Senior year of college and told her that he wasn't gonna come back. That he found someone else in the Navy with him."

"That must have broken her." My heart hurt for my babygirl.

"You don't even know. She hasn't really talked to anyone since him, except for you." Koni said quietly.

"Yup so don't fuck it up. Cause then we would have to fuck you up." Tristan smiled at me then headed inside. I looked at Koni who was staring at me intently.

"Seriously, though we care about her a lot. And I can tell you are a pretty chill guy. I mean you just signed to one of the biggest labels in the county and you are still here on the east side of the Bronx. But we won't hesitate to fuck you up, my nigga." He walked inside behind his brother. Damn, this is a lot to take in.

What do you guys think about Zion's back story? 

What about her brothers? Should they have told KB about her past?

How do you think that KB is gonna handle this new information?

I'm most likely gonna post another Chapter tonight. Hopefully. Umm, I have started two other stories on here, so check them out if you like my writing. I'll update those soon too.

Antywayssssss:

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism, are always welcome. I want to become a better writer for you guys enjoyment and for myself.

Until next time 😘😘😘