Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ashtons POV

Nikki is so beautiful I just don't want tell her now because its too soon to tell her this. I feel like we need to get to know each other first. I want to start a new life with Nikki here by my side I want to forget the old me. I was some guy who got drunk every time I possibly could. I used to date some bitchy slut her name is Claire and now all she does is try to get me back but thats not going to happen. I wont fall in her trap.

*FLASHBACK*

I was so drunk and Claire was sitting on my lap while we were at a party. All I remembered was getting drunk and waking up right next to Claire. What the hell happened last night? I had no idea where we were.

"Ashton?" Nikki asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"What were you thinking about? Why are you so silent." She asked.

"Forget about it." I said.

Nikki's POV

I know there was something Ashton wasn't telling me. I decided to forget about it like he told me. The bell rang. Ashton had literature next and I had health so we went in opposite directions. I walked in the classroom and I didn't know anybody. I sat down to some random girl she had long curly brown hair and freckles with glasses.

"Hi my name is Nikki whats yours." I ask the girl sitting next to me.

"My name is Layla." She said.

"Thats a pretty name." I say.

"Thanks your too." She responds.

"Welcome to health class everyone I see everyone has found a partner already. My name is Ms. Simmons." A middle aged lady said. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was from Ashton.

From: Ashton

Math is so boring I want to see you.

I wanted to see him too.

To: Ashton

I'm in health class right now I shouldn't be texting you its breaking the rules. Its not like me breaking the rules.

I know I should be paying attention in class but I can't. My phone vibrates seconds later.

From: Ashton

I should probably let you pay attention little ms. Perfect.

I knew he was joking.

To: Ashton

Don't call me little Ms. Perfect I just don't like breaking rules thats it.

I turn my phone off so I don't get tempted to text ashton again.

"Nikki are you on your phone?" Ms. Douglas asked.

"Yes I'm sorry ma'am it wont happen again." I promise.

"It better not." She said going back to her desk.

I felt really bad I have never gotten in trouble for something like this before. I wish I would have kept my phone off the entire class. The rest of the class was just Ms. Douglas telling us about her life and her family. Finally the bell rang. I walked to my next class I felt like some loner. I walked into my literature class and saw Alex and I sat next to her.

"I got in trouble last class for texting Ashton." I tell her as I take a seat.

"What were you guys texting about?' She smirked.

"Well he's the one who texted me first saying he wanted to see me then I told him to not text me because I'll get in trouble and then he called me little Ms. Perfect because I told him that I didn't like to break the rules. And then he told me that he should let me pay attention and I turned off my phone so I wouldn't be tempted to text him again and thats when Ms. Douglas caught me." I explain.

"Oh so you've never ever gotten in trouble for having your phone out during class once?" She asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Nope never once." I respond.

"Wow aren't you a goodie goodie." She laughed.

"Be quiet I'm not a goodie goodie I just don't like breaking rules thats all." I say.

"Thats basically being a goodie goodie." She said.

"Okay sure whatever." I say not wanting to argue.

"Hello class I am Ms. Jordan and welcome to literature class." The teacher said with a warm smile. Ms. Jordan seemed nice.

"May I go to the restroom I really have to go." Alex asks.

"Yes but please hurry." Ms. Jordan says.

When Alex left some girl that had blonde hair sitting in front of me turned around and started speaking to me. It was the girl that called me a bitch this morning.

"Listen you little bitch you think that you and Ashton will be perfect together he wants me. He's always wanted me. He's never going to like a nerd like you. People like you have no life and just sit around all day either studying, doing homework or reading thats boring. You should have fun for once." She said in her high squeaky voice. Lord was she annoying. I felt like saying something back but of course I didn't want to cause a scene in the middle of class. She turned around laughing. I wanted to pull her hair out so bad. Who does she think she is telling me to stay away from Ashton? What does she have to do with Ashton? Why is she telling me that Ashton wants her? I had millions and millions of questions running through my mind that I wanted to blurt out. After that Alex came back. I asked her if she knew anything about this.

"That girl sitting in front of me kept telling me to stay away from Ashton and she told me that Ashton wants her do you know why?" I asked.

"Well you see Claire and Ashton used to date last year and then Ashton broke up with her. Ever since they broke up all Claire has been doing is trying to ruin every girls life that hangs out with Ashton. I guess she's probably jealous." She says flipping through her journal.

I could never imagine Ashton dating Claire. Shes a bitch. I never would imagine Ashton being those kind of guys. I had lots of questions to ask him right now I don't know if I could hold them in any longer.