Part Three

Jack POV

I was a joyful child. I would play video games and watch TV.

I didn't think life could ever be bad.

Until my 16th birthday..

I decided that I would have a party but not to big. I invited a few friends and family.

Most of my friends were older than me so they all treated me like the baby of the group. They would even pretend that I couldn't do anything without them.

I loved my little group of friends..
That is until my party.

They decided to play a small prank on me and push me into the road since I was always scared of crossing it.

Where I lived there were cars everywhere. Let's just say the prank went wrong and the person driving the car didn't stop.

I was so scared that I was frozen. The car didn't even slow down as it rammed into me.

All I can remember is being terrified, a huge pain come to my side, and then blackness.

The car had stopped after it past me and I was on the ground dying. My friends became my enemies as they ran to the car and drove away.

A person driving in a car that witnessed the whole thing called 911 and stayed with me. I don't remember what they were like, but I do remember them telling me calmly I was going to live. I didn't believe them.

I was taken to the hospital where they told me that I had to stay there for a long time while I healed.

My "friends" were arrested for attempted murder, and I was left in a hospital with no friends and a family hours away.

My family visited a little bit couldn't come a lot, due to my parents working to try and pay my medical bills.

I thought it was the end of my life when that car hit me, but 8 broken ribs, a concussion, a broken leg, and a smashed arm later and I'm alive.

When I got to the hospital, I didn't want to be there.

This wasn't a happy place like the walls showed.

This was a place where people died, lost loved ones, were hurt, sad, told heartbreaking news, and suffered.

It was my time to suffer.

Well that's what I believed when I got there anyways..

They wheeled me to my plain, beige room.

Why are hospital rooms beige?

I mean out of all the colors they choose the most depressing for people who are dying.

Good job hospitals.

I didn't decorate my room. I didn't want to be here so I wanted to ready to leave as soon as possible. I always imagined my last day to go something like this..

"Alright Sean you're free to g-"

"See you never!" I would say while standing up and grabbing my bag walking out of the hospital within a minute.

That's not exactly what happened.