Part Five

Mark POV

After everything happened I was put into the hospital full time and was classified as a Black, Yay? Later, I learned that it wasn't a good thing.

I learned I was going to have a roommate when I first came and the person who was to be my roommate looked horrible. However, I guess I was lucky to be roomed with him.

I walked into our room and he was sitting on his bed.

"Hey, I'm Mark."

He looked up at me, "Dan." His face was barley visible with all of the lights off.

"What are you in for?"

"Everything."

Well then Dan, you seem like a social person.

I went to my side of the room and put my phone and its charger there. That's all the decorations I decided on putting up.

--Timeskip--Dan and Mark have talked more and are slight friends--

I looked at my roommate knowing a few things about him. Things are going okay I guess..

However he decided to have me join his "group"

I'm not that good with large amounts of people. We'll see how this goes..

-Timeskip-

Dan's POV

Mark and I walked into the cafeteria, I hated how bright it is outside of my room. He seemed nervous, just like how I was. Maybe we will become friends.

I walk towards Phil and the rest. As soon as Phil saw me he ran over and hugged me, I just stood there with my arms slightly raised until he let go. I kind of feel bad that he latched onto me. He soon noticed Mark and stuck out his hand, "I'm Phil."

Mark still looked shocked by Phil as he looked to me. I shrugged used to his energetic personality.

"Mark"

I saw Jack turn and take a long look at him before uttering one word, "Fischbach?"

Mark looked over towards Jack, "Yeah, actually. Do I know you?"

Apparently they knew each other. I didn't know how they did and wasn't really interested in how. Maybe from school or something.

As the thought of them meeting in school came into my mind, an episode happened.

---

I jump off the bus and look at my watch, 3:29. I have one minute to get home. I tried to look for shortcuts, but can't find any. So I start running.

My house is 8 blocks away and I have  less than one minute.

I'm now 5 blocks away and I look at my watch. 3:30.

No no no no no no no no no no. Come on run faster!

I couldn't run any faster, in fact I was getting tired.

3 blocks. 3:31

2 blocks. 3:31.

1 block. 3:32.

Home. 3:32.

I'm two minutes late.

I walk into the house and quietly shut the door, hoping she didn't notice.

"Daniel!"

Oh no.

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"Two minutes."

She noticed. I look down and nod.

"Hmm, lets see. Last week you were 1 minute late and didn't get dinner or breakfast."

I nodded remembering the hunger of that night.

"This time I'm sending you to your father."

"No, No. Please don't." I say as tears start to stream down my face. "I'll be better."

"That's what you said last time, and yet here we are."

"Mother, please don't send me there, he's-"

"Shut up. Unless you want to stay the night there?"

I shake my head and look down.

"Good boy. Now get changed out of this horrid school outfit."

I ran down to my room, if you can even call it that. And get changed into the clothes that I'm to wear when I see dad. A white tee and blue jeans. Hopefully this time the tee doesn't look so red after this trip.

I go back to my mother and see that she is carrying the punishment bag. It's filled with handcuffs, blindfolds, zip ties, a baton, a whip, anything that they can use to punish me.

She grabs my hair and pulls me out the door, letting go so the neighbors don't suspect anything.

I know to walk across the street with the bag and not look around. My mother watches and waits until my father drags me inside.

He doesn't care what I did, he just knows I broke a rule and am here for a little.

He texts my mother and asks how long I'm here and she says "overnight"

I'm. Going. To. Be. Here. All. Night.

I know to go into the corner and put the chain around my ankle.

He comes over with a evil grin on his face.

"I've had a lot of stress today."

It was going to be rough.

---

I slowly blinked open my eyes and looked around, Phil was sitting beside me saying something, Mark was standing next to a nurse looking worried, and the rest of them were watching from the table surprised.

I don't normally have episodes.

I start to hear Phil and get an instant headache.

I moved my hands and stand up Phil helping me.

"Dan, are you ok?" I hear one of the nurses ask.

"Yep, I'm just dandy."

I don't answer anymore of their questions and just grab an apple and look to Felix and Marzia, pointing towards Mark who is talking to Jack.

I say, "That's Mark, make him feel welcome." and walk away.

I walk into my room, sit on my bed and look at the apple. I don't like eating, let alone eating healthy food, I think and set it down on my small night stand.

I hear the door open and see Phil holding two trays of food.

"I saw you forgot the rest of your food."

"I didn't forg-"

"I know, how silly of you."

He really is annoying sometimes.