Part Six

Mark POV

I walked in beside Dan and looked around. My attention was drawn towards a tall guy with black hair running towards us.

I thought he was going to tackle dan but he hugged him, Dan didn't seem phased by this at all.

Phil let go and stuck his hand out towards me, "I'm Phil."

I was a little surprised but looked over to Dan who shrugged.

"Mark," I replied, shaking his hand.

There seemed to be movement over at the table Phil came from, but I didn't look over until I heard my last name called from it.

"Fischbach?"

"Yeah, actually. Do I know you?"

"I'm Sean."

"I don't know that name. How do you know me?"

"My file," he said, and I looked at him confused. I was about to ask him what he meant by that when Dan suddenly collapsed.

"Dan?!" I heard Phil say as he dropped to the floor.

I went to go and find a nurse, and Sean followed me.

When I found a girl who had the nurse outfit on I quickly told what happened and who it was.

"Oh Dear, this is rare for Dan."

She smiled at me and went over to where the scene was.

I saw Phil holding Dan in place as he shook. Phil bent down and hugged him whispering something in his ear.

"It's okay, Dan, It's okay. They aren't going to hurt you. Calm down."

He seemed to be repeating that line until Dan stopped shaking.

Who are They?

Phil stopped hugging him and waited for him to come back.

Dan opened his eyes and looked scared, honestly.

"Danny! You're back!" Phil said, but Dan didn't reply to him as he moved his hands to his head and started standing up using Phil for support.

The nurse I got asked Dan if he was okay and he replied with a "Yep, I'm just dandy."

He walked away from her and didn't answer anymore of her questions. He just grabbed an apple and walked away.

Phil rolled his eyes and got him a tray of lunch before grabbing his own walking towards the exit.

I looked back to Sean talking to some other people. He look familiar, but I didn't know where from.

"Oh, Felix, Marzia. This is Mark."

"Hey"

"Hi, Mark."

I looked at them, "Oh hey, I'm roomed with Dan."

"Oh, so you're a black?" Asked Sean.

"Yeah, I have a brain tumor."

He looked sad but didn't say anything about it.

"You're the one that called 911 for me."

"You're the one that was pu-"

"Shut up! They don't know what happened to me, and I would like to keep it that way."

"Why?"

"I don't want people to take pity on me and I have trusting issues."

"Oh."

--timeskip--

I was walking back to my room when I saw Phil leave it holding two trays that had been eaten off.

"Oh hey Mark. If you're walking around, can you take these to the cafe?"

"Oh sure," I said wondering why he couldn't take them.

I grabbed them and quickly walked back to the cafeteria.

---

Dan POV

Phil stood up and grabbed our trays. I don't understand how he can always make me eat.

He walked out but came back in much too soon for him to have gone to the cafeteria.

"Meet someone in the hall?"

He sighed and looked at me, "How do you always know everything? Yeah, Mark."

I forgot that I have a roommate now..

I was sitting with one leg in Indian position and the other bent with my head on it.

Phil sat on my bed and laid his head on my other leg, "What's bothering you?"

I looked away from his face, not wanting to bother him with my problems. But he grabbed my chin and turned my head back towards him, "Tell me. I want to know."

I sighed and told him about my flashback. He had let go of my chin by now and he was trying to make sense of the entire thing.

I hadn't ever told anyone about my flashbacks until I met Phil. He seems to listen well and always says the right things. Not only that, he also has an energetic personality and he makes me happy.

"I'm sorry,"

That's what I thought he'd say.. but he didn't.

"The past can't be changed, and due to your past you met me, which makes me happy. So you should be too."

I had never thought about that.

I guess it's true though, I never would have met Phil if my parents weren't the way they were.

Some good things came out of my horrible memories, maybe it's not that bad.