Part Sixteen

(Trigger and smut warning)

(1629 words)
Dan POV

~Flashback~

When I was younger my dad lived with us and we had a normal life.

When I turned three my parents started fighting but my mother's family was very religious so they couldn't get divorced.

They bought my dad his own house across the street and I would switch nights at their houses but when I turned five they started the abuse.

Neither of them really wanted me so they tried many ways to get me to run away. All they did was make me too scared to leave.

My mother didn't like to look at me so she often sent me to my father.

My father hated me with everything he had. He beat me and threatened me, when I made a friend he would threaten me with their life. After I stopped making friends he would threaten to rape me and worse things.

A normal day in my life was a normal person's hell.

--

I woke up at 5 am sharp as trained and went straight to the bathroom. I hadn't had to stay overnight at my father's yesterday but I had been sent over there for a few hours.

I took my concealer my mother had gotten me and tried my best to cover up the cuts and bruises.

The concealer was the most expensive thing I had gotten and I had learned many tricks to covering up my injuries. No one at school could know about them.

After covering everything I could, I walked downstairs and took the small granola bar and apple for lunch.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door at 6 am. The bus would come at 6:40 giving me time to do homework.

I often left to early so I wouldn't have to see my mother but in the winter I often couldn't stand the cold for more the 30 minutes.

At the bus stop I finished my homework as other kids were showing up to the bus stop. They all started conversations with others but not me.

The bus came soon after and we all got on.

I always sat alone and was completely silent.

We arrived at school and I went through the day. A few people would yell insults at me and push me around, but it was nothing compared to my parents.

When school was finally over I went directly to my bus and got on, sitting in the normal seat.

It took a while for the rest of the kids to get on but I still had time before I needed to be home.

The bus finally started moving as everyone started their conversations.

I sat alone and observed everyone. The bus pulled up to my bus stop at 3:20. Plenty of time to get home.

I walked at a faster pace than everyone else but I didn't want to be home I needed to be home. (If you can call it a home)

I arrived at my mom's house at 3:27, she was waiting at the doorway for me.

"Alright Daniel, go do your chores and come straight to me when you're done."