Part Twenty-One

Dan POV

I woke up scared and afraid. I needed to get to master.

"Daniel, lay down please. you're too hurt."

I could feel something annoying on my arm and looked at it. There was a cast, What happened?

When the nurse left I heard another voice, a familiar one.

"Danny? Are you awake?"

"Master." I said as a jumped out of bed and practically collapsed on the ground in position.

"Honey, get up."

I stood, but instantly got light headed. I felt someone grab my arm and flinched at it. They were gentle though, They made me laid back down. As my vision cleared, I saw my master, Phil.

"You are hurt. You need to heal because I care about you." he leaned down and kissed my forehead. Something inside me made me calm down and I didn't know why. It was like I trusted him, but you can't trust your master.

Phil POV

I knew he would relapse. I tried thinking of ways to make him remember I was his boyfriend not his master.

He had fallen asleep but wouldn't let go of my hand so I was stuck here. I didn't really care though. I swear I had just started thinking when a nurse walked in and told me it was dinner time. She said he could come too, since it was Mark's first day out of his room.

I guess I should explain what happened in the past day that Dan was asleep.

Sean and Mark were inseparable, Dean got reassigned a new guardian since Dan was unfit was care for him, and I have been worrying over the boy who is currently snuggling my arm. I knew I wouldn't see Jack and Dean anytime soon since they were relocated to a different part of the hospital, but I missed them. As I started to miss them I thought about Felix and Marzia. We hadn't heard from them in a while so I hoped they were ok still. And then I started worrying about Mark so I texted Sean. (I wasn't going to miss the moment Dan woke up) Sean said he was healing fast and was doing great.

It's weird because as Sean is starting to be able to move without his wheelchair, Mark is being put in one.

I decided it was time to wake Danny. I couldn't let him skip dinner and Sean had been checking in for him and Mark every moment he could. They were worried about him even though they didn't know what had happened. They didn't know his background and I knew Dan wouldn't want them to pity him.

I slowly removed my hand and Dan started to stir.

"Danny, It's time to eat." I tried to sound as gentle and nice as I could to try not to scare him. But he jumped at my voice and tried to sit straight up. I predicted it of course and had my hand there to stop him.

"Come on, honey. Let's go to the cafeteria." I normally wouldn't try so hard to be nice since he knew I loved him, but I didn't know if he did right now.

"Master, would you like my to change?'

I looked him over, "You can wear whatever you like because you have freewill over your life."

He looked puzzled and looked towards my closet. I'm glad he's been staying in my room so I could watch him 24/7. I'm also glad that we moved half of his clothes into my room that one time.

He grabbed a sweatshirt that looked like a potato sack and tight jeans. I couldn't pull it off but he could.

"Is this okay Master?" He asked after changing.

"Perfect, are you ready then?"

"Yes, Master."

I knew I should correct him since we were going to the cafeteria where there were a lot of people, but I could tell it was the only thing that made sense to him right now.

We walked together, silently. I don't think I've ever walked quietly next to him.

When he started to fall behind I linked our arms and tried to make conversation.

"Danny, I want you to remember that I loved you." I looked around so I wouldn't out us but didn't care too much.

"I- I uhh, I'm sorry Master. I don't know what response you want be to say. Is this a test because you want me to say I'm gay?"

"No, I'm telling you truthfully how I feel."

"Then I can truthfully say that I love you too, even though I shouldn't love my master. Please punish me for my feelings."

"No, I want you to be truthful, and I will never hurt you. I love you remember?"

He seemed to be slowly coming back to his normal self but there had to be something I could do or say to fully make him remember.