Part Twenty-Three

Dan POV
(684 words)

Master came up to me and looked at me in a way I never remember being looked at, but it seemed familiar.

"Danny, I love you."

What?

He kissed me. I was not expecting thi-

Everything flooded back, and I kissed back. I nibbled at his lip asking to be let in and he slightly open his lips. Just as it started to get steaming we hear the knock, I panic and freeze while Phil jumps away. After an annoyed conversation with the nurse, she left.

I turned to Phil and said the first thing on my mind and was takled I loved everything he said but then I heard the three words I couldn't agree more too.

"I need you."

"I need you, too"

It was probably the most impactful thing on my life right then.

"Danny, can I just stay here?"

"Of course." He laid on my bed and completely entangled himself in my limbs.

We fell asleep within minutes and I woke up to an alarm. I remember setting one so the nurses wouldn't see us but I forgot and just turned it off.

A nurse walked in and saw us like that, I don't know what her reaction was but she must've been okay with it because she woke us up and left.

We decided to sleep in a little. Phil snuggled into my chest, holding the sweatshirt I had on yesterday like a blanket.

I guess I had taken it off in the night. Phil had his shirt on but it looked comfortable.

We watched Netflix when we were supposed to be eating breakfast.

After about 2 episodes of anime we heard our door open, whoever's it was was going to see Phil and I like this, no doubt.

It was Mark and Sean.

"Woah, you two are really close." Mark said since he was first inside."

"Are you sure you are just friends? You don't act like it."

I just gave him a look like, don't be stupid. When really I was terrified of them finding out. If my parents found out I was acting on my actions then... wait my father met Phil.

He knows.

We talk to Sean and Mark for a long time. Apparently since Mark moved in with Sean he started school up again. He was studying medical engineering to help people like himself and others in the hospital.

Sean had been working on physical therapy and could stand for 15 seconds, it was a really huge accomplishment.

After a while of chatting they looked at the clock and we all went to the cafeteria for lunch. Phil and I left back to Phil's dorm with the food and I realized how hard it is to eat with a cast for the second time.

"So Danny, do you think you can just become my roommate now?"

"I hope so, I'd be a fashion icon if I had your advice everyday." I joked.

"Maybe we should ask."

We knew what to do.

Rock. Paper. Scissors.

I lost, I had to talk to the nurse and request being moved.

When the nurse came in to check on us I did it.

"Excuse me, do you think I can just move into this room?"

The nurse smiled and said yes. I wasn't expecting it since Phil was red and I was black.

Suddenly (as if on cue with my thoughts) there was an announcement.

"There will be a reassessment tomorrow. Everyone will be tested for their color again and might get new roommates."

"Finally, I've been classified as a red and you a black for too long, it's time we get moved to a better color."

I sighed, okay I guess. The process was tedious and boring, so I wasn't excited.

-time skip- after dinner

We both changed right in front of each other, and went to my bed again.

This time I put Phil next to the wall to secure his safety. I knew it was rare that someone got in but it's possible. I wasn't taking any chance with the boy I love.