Part Nineteen

Sean POV

(

I wander into my dorm looking for Mark, he has to be around he somewhere. I hadn't seen him in breakfast but I saw him this morning for a few seconds.

As I wheeled into the room I was greeted with an abandoned looking room. It seemed like Mark had cleaned the entire dorm and left. I wonder where he went.

The was a letter on my bed so wheeled over to it and picked up the envelope. It had my name on it in Mark's handwriting. I was curious so I opened it immediately.

I started reading and couldn't believe it, why didn't he tell me his surgery was to-

I've always liked you as more than a friend.

What?

He likes me?

My heart is beating rapidly and as I read the rest of the letter.

As soon as I finish reading I quickly head towards 104.

Dan POV

Phil and I were talking as were Jack and Dean. We hadn't done much today, mostly just eat and talk, it seemed like a relaxing day.

Dean needed to stop at our dorm to change so we could go outside but when he came back he hadn't changed yet just had an envelope in his hand.

It was addressed to Phil and I so we opened it wondering who it was from.

We read silently and passed it over to Jack and Dean. They looked it over and looked scared.

Dean didn't want to go because he didn't know Mark that well and couldn't be around people who were super anxious. Jack wanted to go wherever Dean went so we decided to let Dean see his brother for a while. Dean was overjoyed with the opportunity since he wasn't allowed to see him a lot.

I told a nurse what was happening and she agreed to a supervised visit alone. Jack instantly offered to stay for emotional support and not go into the room with Dean.

The nurse agreed and took them both away. I had asked when Mark might be done with his surgery and she replied with "3 hours and he'll be allowed to have visitors."

Phil and I decided that we could still go outside to the garden alone, so we weren't worried for hours. We asked Sean if he wanted to come to, which he declined but urged us to go and he would text Phil when Mark was out.

That is what lead us the be in the hospital's park and Phil daring me to do something 'cute.'

I came up with a perfect idea and headed towards the tree.

Phil was very confused as I climbed up the tree and scooted over on the branch.

I wasn't facing him so I leaned back and hung from my legs off the branch. I threw in some peace signs and a smile, which made Phil laugh and snap a picture. Which meant had I won the dare. The problem was that I wasn't very fit so I couldn't lift myself back up.

I decided to try to flip off the branch to keep my dignity, but I ended up with none as I fell straight down.

I laughed as Phil looked terrified.

"I'm fine Phil. Just a scrape."

Phil let out a sigh and smiled, "Don't scare me like that! I was scared you were hurt."

"Not much, I'm fine." I said a smile still on my face.

We hung out outside for a while before heading to Mark's room to wait until he was out.

Mark POV

After being knocked out I didn't dream but that might be because they were removing a tumor from my brain.

I didn't know much of what had happened in the next day but I knew Sean was waiting for me with Dan and Phil. They were very excited when I opened my eyes and then I fell back asleep. I don't know what time it is now but the only person in the room is little Sean asleep in his wheelchair. They said he might be able to not use the wheelchair soon since he was healing fast.

I couldn't move very much but called out to him, "Jacky?"

He immediately opened his eyes and looked at me, "You're awake! You've been asleep for 18 hours."

"18 hours?! I didn't think it was that long. What time is it now?"

Sean checked his phone and replied, "3 am."

"You should go back to sleep, its late and I'm about to fall asleep myself."

"We need to talk first."

I was suddenly nervous, he had read my letter he knew.

"Marky, you should've told me earlier," he said with a smile, "I've liked you for a very long time."

I smiled, "I'm glad." There was an awkward pause, "Sean Mcloughlin, would you do me the honor and be my boyfriend?"

His eyes were glossy as he replied, "I would absolutely love to."

He surprised both of us and stood out of his wheelchair. It wasn't flawless but he tried his best and got onto the bed. He smiled as he laid next to me and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

A/N

a_Baum92 it's on