Part Twelve

Dean POV

"Ok let's see.." Dan said opening the file.

His name kept reminding me of my brother and it made me miss him.

He couldn't visit me and I couldn't visit him.

Dan started reading the file, I know I agreed to this but it was nerve wrecking to watch someone read through your file.

I was expecting a 'I'm sorry' or some normal sentence, but what I got surprised me.

"Alright then I guess I have to learn better sign language. I mean I know most of it but I better learn the rest."

I nodded, signing my first real thing to test him. 'So you can read sign?'

Dan POV

"Yep, so we can communicate like that. I honestly don't know why they made me your guardian, but that may have had something to do with it."

'Ok so since you know everything about me tell me about you.'

"Well there's not much to tell, um, Phil is my only real friend. He and I have been through a lot of stuff and we bonded over it."

'Oh cool. What about why you're here? What the reason?'

"Umm, I- uh I haven't told anyone but Phil why, and um, I don't- I-"

'It's fine. I didn't mean to press, sorry.'

"No, no it's fine. Um, I'll just say that I'm not in here for anything that'll affect you probably, but if I ever have an episode just go and get Phil. He would be better than a nurse but if you can't find him find a nurse. However, a nurse may not understand because you don't talk, but they are your last option. Honestly Mark would be better than a nurse. So really the order would be Phil, Mark, Nurse but I mean just find whoever yo-"

Dean put his hand over my mouth.

'Ok, if you have an episode I know what to do. You were ranting sorry I didn't mean to harass you.'

"Oh, no it's fine. Thank you, you didn't harass me, I tend to rant when I get scared or something."

Dean nodded and ate his first bite of food while I had finished mine already.

"You better hurry."

'No I'm done now.'

"Nope, I know you're anorexic but, I have to make sure you eat enough."

'But I don't need to, I have eaten enough you can have the rest of it. I'm not anorexic by the way.'

"But you don't eat and you're terribly skinny."

'That doesn't mean that I'm anorexic, I only eat what food I need to have to stay alive. Others are more important than me and deserve to eat more than I do.'

"Nope, to me you're my number one priority right now. You need to eat more, and we won't be leaving until you finish that plate."

Dean looked down at his food and frowned. He slowly brought more food into his mouth and swallowed it barley chewing.

I watched him and he finished the plate starting with the salad, then going onto the side (garlic bread) and lastly eating the main course which was spaghetti today.

He finally opened the milk carton and drank it.

'Alright finished. Where do we bring the trays?'

I grabbed his tray and stacked it on top of mine, motioning for him to follow me to the cafeteria.

We walk into the cafeteria now mostly empty except for a few of the kids in here for eating disorders.

I handed Dean his tray and threw away his garbage. After that we put the trays into the counter and the friendly lunch lady smiled at us as we walked away.

Dean was falling behind as we walked, "Come on Dean, walk faster."

'Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to fall so far behind.'

We made it back to our room and went to bed. Dean fell asleep instantly but I was kept awake for some reason.

I heard a faint knock on the door and Dean jolted awake. Standing, I opened the door to find Phil standing there shyly.

"Oh, hello." I said and Dean seemed to relax, that must have been because of his situation.

--
Dean's File
--

Dean Dobbs

15 years old

Diagnosed with: Depression, Suicidal intentions...

Guardian: Daniel Howell

(Picture)

Needs to be treated as if had an eating disorder.

Story: Dean was found by CPS. His mother was a drug addict who beat and didn't care for her children. His father has not been found. Dean and his younger brother were removed from the house and both put into this hospital. Dean's younger brother recently was put into solitude and Dean given a guardian.

--

3rd Person POV

Phil spoke softly as Dean was trying to go back to sleep, "So, you're a guardian now?"

"Yes, but don't worry we'll still get to hang out. Today I was just trying to get to know him and gain some trust. I'm sorry that I can't stay in your room tonight, but as soon as Dean feels comfortable with you maybe we could all have one big sleepover."

"Maybe," Phil smiled and waved, "Goodnight, sorry to bother you."

"Oh it's fine I was awake." They did an awkward hug and the door closed.

Dan walked back to his bed and fell asleep now that he wasn't worrying about a certain someone.

--
A/N

When this is published I have graduated from 8th grade. Onto High School now! Yay?