09. Thomas Jefferson x Reader: A Promise Or Two (2)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
09. Thomas Jefferson x Reader: A Promise Or Two (2)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by Aaron Burr Sir: Quotev )

MARRIED life wasn't as easy as you had first thought it to be

For starters, Alexander was beyond angry that you had hidden and lied about your relationship with Thomas for so long. He had been so angry that he had refused to come to your wedding, making you cry for days after. Since you had no father, you had counted on him walking you down the aisle, but instead, you had been forced to walk down it all alone.

"Who needs him?" Thomas had said to you when your brother had told you that he wouldn't be coming. "Because I definitely don't."

You had looked at him with tears in your eyes. "But I do."

Now, Alexander wouldn't even look at you, nor say your name. You were friends with his wife — whom he had recently made amends with — and much to his dismay, you were constantly visiting. He hadn't even spoken to you after his eldest son, Phillip, had died. To him, it was the biggest betrayal.

"Honestly," Thomas would say whenever he caught you crying over the fact that Alexander was so distant, "(Y/N), you don't need him."

Every time, the argument would be the same. "He's my brother — I do need him."

"He won't let you see your nieces and nephews anymore," he would retaliate. "There are some you haven't even met, and yet you still continue to defend him! Why?"

"Because he's family and family don't turn their backs on each other."