16. Thomas Jefferson x Reader: The Bet (1)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
16. Thomas Jefferson x Reader: The Bet (1)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by iggybrows18 )

( THOMAS JEFFERSON )

"I bet you wouldn't last a week, Jefferson."

"You're on, Hamilton."

Maybe it was a stupid thing to make a bet with Alexander Hamilton, especially when the bet included dating (Y/N) (Y/L/N), Margarita Schuyler's best friend, for more than a week. But luckily, I never backed down from a challenge, so I was all set to win the twenty dollars that Hamilton had promised me if I won, which I obviously would.

There were only two problems: (Y/N) was in love with Hamilton, for reasons unknown to me, which meant that she would never agree to date me.

Problem two: I was in love with her.

But since I'm Thomas Jefferson, I had a plan.

"So..." I approached (Y/N) when she was alone, a few hours after the bet had been made.

"What kind of a greeting is that?" she asked me, taking her books out of her locker.

I was slightly taken aback, but I carried on, "You like Hamilton, I don't. To make him jealous, pretend to date me."

She looked dubious. "What's in it for you?"

"I get to piss him off," I replied.

"If we're going to pretend to date, you should know that rule number one is no swearing."