15. Thomas Jefferson x Soulmate!Reader AU: You're Mine? (1)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
15. Thomas Jefferson x Soulmate!Reader AU: You're Mine? (1)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by The Schuyler Sisters: Quotev )

FRANCE, although interesting, wasn't as good as it should have been

FRANCE, although interesting, wasn't as good as it should have been. You had only agreed to visit your friend, (Y/F/N), because of the chance to meet your soulmate, but the tattoo on your arm just remained cold.

Everyone is born with a tattoo on their wrist. The farther away you are from them, colder it is, and vice versa. When you meet your soulmate, it turns the color of their eyes.

But upon returning to America, you could have sworn the tattoo had got warmer than it had been in France. With newfound confidence that your soulmate was somewhere in your home country, you went to go and see your very first cabinet meeting, where your brother, George Washington, would be.

 With newfound confidence that your soulmate was somewhere in your home country, you went to go and see your very first cabinet meeting, where your brother, George Washington, would be

"Georgie!" you reclaimed, running up to hug your brother, the President of the United States of America, George Washington.

"How many times do I have to tell you, (Y/N)? It's George."

You smirked. "Sorry... President Georgie."

"(Y/N)!" he whined — since you were children, he would absolutely hate being called that.

"Seriously, Georgie, all jokes aside, it's great to see you."

George smiled. "It's great to see you, too, (Y/N/N)."

"Mr. President," someone said. "The cabinet is about to begin."

"Thank you, Mr. Jefferson," George replied before turning to you. "(Y/N), this is Thomas Jefferson. Thomas, this is my sister, (Y/N)."

Thomas smiled at you, and you returned it.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

"Nice to meet you, too."

He held out his hand for you to shake. As your hands touched, you felt the tattoo on your arm burn, making you gasp in pain and pull away from the handshake. He seemed to have gone through the same thing because he was now cradling his arm.

When you pulled your sleeve up, you were shocked at what you saw: your tattoo was no longer white, it was brown — the color of Thomas's eyes.

You looked up at Thomas, who also had his sleeve pulled up. From what you could see, his tattoo was (Y/E/C), the color of you eyes.

It had to be just a coincidence. But why else would your tattoo burn and change color?

Thomas's eyes met yours. "I think..."

You nodded. "Me too."

"What do you think?" You both jumped, not realizing that George was still there as you had been staring at each other.

"Uh... nothing?"

He didn't seem to believe you, but he just said, "Okay... Well, I have to go. See you later, (Y/N), Thomas," before walking away.

"You're my soulmate?" he asked.

"Yes." You stepped forwards so that you were close to him. "And you're mine?"

He nodded. "Looks like it."

"And to think," you said, "I thought you might have been in France."

╔═

╔═.. ═════════════╗

AUTHOR'S NOTE

╚═════════════.. ═╝

(Y/N/N) = Your Nickname
(Y/E/C) = Your Eye Color