32. Philip Hamilton x Sister!Reader: Take The Bullet For Him (1)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
32. Philip Hamilton x Sister!Reader: Take The Bullet For Him (1)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by HoneyCapto𝐫 )

GEORGE Eacker was not going to injure your brother if you had anything to do with it

GEORGE Eacker was not going to injure your brother if you had anything to do with it. As the Fourth of July speaker, he had insulted your father, Alexander Hamilton, and your brother, Philip, had instantly tracked him down at a performance of a play, challenging him to a duel.

You, of course, protested greatly when Philip told you that he would be going to New Jersey ("Everything is legal in New Jersey," he had said). You protested, even more, when your father gave Philip his guns and instructed him on what to do at the duel.

Even though Philip had told you to stay at home, without a second thought, you followed him. When you got to where the duel was happening, you hid behind a nearby bush so that you were blocked from sight.

From your hiding place, you could see that Philip was nervous — after all, this was his very first duel ("They don't exactly cover this subject in boarding school," he had told your father). But you could also see that Eacker was confident.

There was a feeling of dread in your stomach. Something was going to go wrong — you could feel it.

Philip raised his gun to the sky as they began to count to ten, just like he had been told by your father. It was then that you knew that Eacker would use this as an opportunity to shoot him before they reached ten.

At six, you jumped up from behind the bush and ran in front of Philip, just in time for when Eacker pulled the trigger at seven. As soon as the trigger was pulled, Philip realized that you were in front of him, but it was too late — the bullet hit you straight in the stomach.

Pain instantly erupted from where the bullet had entered. It was like it was on fire, and the pain soon spread throughout your body.

"(Y/N)!" Philip cried as you clutched your stomach, blood beginning to pour out of the wound and stain your (Y/F/C) dress as well as your hands.

"Philip..." you muttered before falling to the ground, lying on your back and staring at the sky.

Philip's face soon appeared in your line of vision, and he moved your hands to press against the wound himself.

"Shhh, don't speak..." Philip said, tears starting to fall from his eyes. As the blood came out faster, he pressed down harder and said, "(Y/N), why did you follow me? Why did you jump in front of me? I told you to stay at home! Why?"

"I had to take the bullet for you, Phil," you told him. "Even though father let you come to this duel, I wasn't going to let you get hurt. When you raised your gun to the sky, there was a look on Eacker's face that told me that he would shoot you before you got to ten. I-I couldn't let him kill my brother."

You coughed up blood, instantly making your brother panic even more, and he moved you so that your head was on his lap. "Oh, God, (Y/N), hang on. The doctor's coming."

You shook your head. "He'll be too late," you said. "I'm going to die, Phily."

"No, you're not!" he exclaimed. "You can't — I love you too much!"

"But before I go, I need you to promise me something."

"Anything," Philip replied.

"Promise me that you won't go to Eacker for revenge."

He hesitated for a few seconds before replying, "I promise."

You smiled. "Good..." You could feel your eyes start to droop, and the pain in your stomach becoming less, so you said, "I love you, Phil. Tell Mom, Dad, Aunt Angelica, and our siblings that I love them."

"No, I won't," Philip said. "Because you'll tell them yourself."

"I love you, Phily," you said once more before you closed your eyes, letting darkness consume you.

Philip screamed your name as you went limp in his arms, your chest no longer rising and falling like it should. He was crying over your dead body, refusing to let you go, even when his second tried to pull him away.

As you had said, the doctor was too late when he got to you. You were already dead.