51. Alexander Hamilton x Reader: Because Of You (6)

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
51. Alexander Hamilton x Reader: Because Of You (6)

╚═════════════.. ═╝

╔═.. ═════════════╗

TRIGGER WARNING

╚═════════════.. ═╝

This oneshot contains mentions of miscarriage, so if you are uncomfortable, or are affected by this topic in any way, then please don't read.

ALEXANDER wasn't at his house when you knocked on the door. You peered through the window, but not a soul was in sight, so you guessed that he had taken his children somewhere — the obvious place to look was the park.

So that was where you went.

Though you were terrified of his reaction, you just wanted to see him, especially since Eliza had given you her blessing to be together, so you ran the whole way. When you eventually reached the park, you looked all around, but you couldn't see a man with lots of children anywhere. You continued to walk around, head turning in all directions, just hoping for a glimpse of the man you were in love with. But Alexander was nowhere in sight; you were sure he wasn't there because you walked around the park three times just to be sure.

Though Eliza wanted you to be together, it seemed that the universe didn't.

With a sigh, you accepted defeat and decided to try somewhere else. The church, perhaps? But he wasn't there, either. Nor was he at the market or anywhere you looked. It would be dark soon — you had left Angelica's house at around midday and had spent the rest of the day searching for the man who seemed to not want to be found.

You would try his house again, and if he wasn't there, you would return to Angelica's house. That was what you did, cutting through the park to make the journey shorter. But, as you were walking, you saw a figure out of the corner of your eye which immediately made you stop. Turning in the person's direction, you looked closer and was delighted when you saw that it was a man with his hair in a ponytail. You started walking quickly, and when you got close enough to clearly see the person, you started sprinting.

It was Alexander.

He had been walking with his head down, but when he came across a bench, he sat down on it. He looked sad and your heart clenched — well, as best as it could considering you were running as quickly as your dress and shoes allowed (which wasn't very fast at all).

To gain his attention, you called out, "Alexander!"

His head lifted up when he recognized your voice (though he didn't see you running towards him), but he shook his head as if he couldn't believe that it was actually you that he was hearing. So, you repeated his name when you were closer, but he still didn't turn around. Then, when you were directly behind him, you said breathlessly, "Alexander."