27. Peggy Schuyler x Reader: God Bless Peggy!

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
27. Peggy Schuyler x Reader: God Bless Peggy!

╚═════════════.. ═╝

CRASH!

CRASH!

The people, whom had all been talking whilst gathered around a table, turned their heads in the direction that the loud noise had come from, and fell silent.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) turned to her girlfriend, Margarita - also known as Peggy - Schuyler, in fear. "What was that?" she asked. She gripped onto Peggy's hand tightly in an attempt to calm her pulsating heart.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)," Peggy said reassuringly. "It was probably nothing."

But Philip Schuyler, Peggy's father, looked worried, his face quickly turning as white as a sheet. He stood up, causing everyone else to do the same. "Everyone upstairs now," he demanded. "Hide in the bedroom and don't make a sound."

Everyone looked at each other with wide eyes, but when there was another crash, which was louder than the first, they all, including Philip, ran upstairs. Elizabeth and Angelica Schuyler were both pregnant with their first child, so they were forced to waddle.

Everyone crowded into the largest bedroom of the Schuyler Mansion, and as soon as Philip had shut the bedroom door, the noises from downstairs got increasingly louder until voices could be heard.

"What do they want, Daddy?" Eliza asked in a quiet whisper, clutching her four month pregnant stomach as she sat next to Angelica and (Y/N) on the bed.

"Me," he answered just as quietly. "They want to make me a prisoner of war. I was warned about this, but I didn't think that it would happen tonight."

Silence fell for a few minutes, but someone suddenly asked in a panicked whisper, "Where's the baby?"

(Y/N)'s head whipped around in alarm to face the woman who had spoken.

"You didn't take her with you?" Angelica asked, also clutching her pregnant stomach, which was slightly larger than Eliza's. "I thought she was asleep upstairs."

Catherine Schuyler shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. "I thought that, too, but I just remembered that she woke up, so I put her in her crib downstairs. Now they're going to get her - my baby!"

"Shhh!" Philip exclaimed. "They'll hear us, Catherine, and then they'll get us too."

"But our baby is down there, Philip," Catherine argued. "Don't you want to save her?"

"I do," he replied, though unconvincingly as he kept glancing towards the door. "But we can't do anything about it now."

Catherine glared at her husband, who didn't seem all worried about their newborn daughter. "I'll go and get her, then," she said.