54. Hercules Mulligan x Reader: I Don't Mind

╔═.. ═════════════╗

HELPLESS.
54. Hercules Mulligan x Reader: I Don't Mind

╚═════════════.. ═╝

( Requested by Kalea: Quotev )

IT was Elizabeth Schuyler's wedding and, as her cousin, you had been invited

IT was Elizabeth Schuyler's wedding and, as her cousin, you had been invited. Not expecting to be anything more than a guest, you were pleasantly surprised when she told you that she wanted you to be a bridesmaid along with your youngest cousin, Margarita. As expected, your eldest cousin, Angelica, was the Maid of Honor, though it made Peggy feel slightly left out — she always felt like the spare, which was why you considered her as a sister more than a cousin.

"You can be the Maid of Honor at my wedding, Pegs," you told her as the pair of you were getting ready for the wedding in a separate room than Eliza.

You watched as a grin appeared on her face. "Really?" she asked hopefully.

Nodding, you replied, "Really." You gestured for her to sit on the chair in front of you. "Now, let me do your hair."

About an hour later, when the pair of you were ready, Angelica came into the room to tell you that the wedding was about to start and who you would be walking down the aisle with

About an hour later, when the pair of you were ready, Angelica came into the room to tell you that the wedding was about to start and who you would be walking down the aisle with. Because Angelica was Eliza's Maid of Honor, and Alexander Hamilton's best friend, John Laurens, was his Best Man, she would be walking down the aisle with him first (much to Peggy's dismay as she wanted to walk with John as she had developed a crush on him). Peggy, meanwhile, would be walking down the aisle next with another of Alexander's friends, Marquis de Lafayette.

You would then be walking down the aisle behind Peggy, and you had done the maths — there was one of Alexander's friends left for you to be paired up with, though you hadn't met him yet.

"(Y/N), your partner is Hercules Mulligan," Angelica told you, confirming what you had figured out already. "But he insisted that he throw the flowers because there are no children to do it, so I hope you don't mind also throwing flowers."

You shrugged. "Sure, why not? I don't want to look like an idiot for not throwing any flowers."

Angelica gave a short laugh before saying, "Follow me," and leading you out of the room with Peggy by your side, though she went to stand with Lafayette (but not before throwing a shy smile at John), while Angelica went to John.

Seeing a man holding a basket of flower petals, you assumed that this must be Hercules Mulligan, so you walked over and stood in front of him.

"Hello, Miss," he said when he noticed you. "I'm assuming that you are (Y/N) (Y/L/N)?"

You nodded. "And you are Hercules Mulligan?"

He bowed and grabbed your hand, lifting it to his mouth and pressing a kiss to it before he stood up. "At your service."

With a smile, you curtsied and then gestured to the basket of flower petals he held in his hand. "Angelica informed me that you are going to be throwing those," you said, "and that I was to do the same. That is, if you don't mind sharing the title of the flower-thrower."

"Not at all," Hercules said. "I don't mind sharing the title with someone as beautiful as you."

Instantly, a blush appeared on your cheeks, but before you could respond, Eliza appeared with her father, signalling that it was time for the wedding to begin.

The music started playing and Angelica and John began their walk down the aisle, Peggy and Lafayette following not long after.

"Shall we?" Hercules held his arm out for you to take, which you did with a smile, and the pair of you walked down the aisle, throwing the flower petals as you did.

From the corner of your eye, you could see Hercules grinning — he seemed to be enjoying being the flower-thrower — and you couldn't resist the smile tugging the corners of your mouth up into a smile.

If anyone asked, you had been smiling because you were so happy for Eliza, who looked amazing in her wedding dress, but only you would know that Hercules was the one responsible for your smiles; there was just something about him that drew you to him, and you couldn't deny the feeling of attraction you felt whenever you glanced at him throughout the wedding, which went without a hitch.

You even found yourself shedding a couple of tears as Eliza and Alexander recited their vows before initiating their marriage with a kiss.

When Hercules saw you wiping your tears away, he winked at you from where he was standing on the other side of the altar with Alexander's other friends, which made you blush as you had done before and avert your eyes to concentrate on Eliza and Alexander walking down the aisle together, now husband and wife. You only hoped that he would treat her right — Eliza deserved someone to love her with all of their heart.

After everyone had left the church to go to the Schuyler manor and had listened to Angelica's Maid of Honor speech, you walked up to Hercules, who was now free of the basket of flower petals.

Hercules' eyes lit up when he saw you standing in front of him, which made your heart beat faster. "Hello," he greeted happily.

"Hello," you replied just as the band began to play.

Hearing the music, Hercules asked, "Dance with me?" He put down the glass of champagne he was holding and held out a hand. "If you don't mind, that is."

You smiled at him, taking his outstretched hand. "I don't mind."